Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 1 Reports (One)

Options
  • 24-10-2014 9:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Pats @ Fins

I turned this off mid way through the 3rd Q after all of this happened

-Missing Brady due to injury in preseason
    - Gronk gets broken for 6 weeks on his first bloody catch!
    - Ridley goes down and misses the game
    - McCourty misses 8 weeks with a collar bone
    - Browner misses 3 i think with some ankle injury
    - Garropolo then has gotten sacked 7 times (im missing my starting RT already)
    on his 8th sack he dislocated his elbow and misses 6 games
    - My punter then goes in at QB and injured himself tackling someone during i think my only punt of the game

All this while Tannehil is trucking off Wilforkk to make 60 yards plays.

Ill take my ban but im not a big fan of the one version to be honest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Eagles beat the Jags thanks to a defensive beat down on blake bortles who got sacked 8 times.

Foles threw 4 interceptions, yet on every attempt, there was clear seperation and no way the defenders could reach them yet they did, meanwhile champ bailey and greer rated far superior to the jags interceptors, dropped at least 6 for me, funny that.

McCoy and Manningham the stars for the Eagles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭tripperman

Falcons beat Saints 12 - 7
    just couldnt keep drives going fumbles and sacks taking there toll, dropped 4 interceptions on ryan,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Pats @ Fins

I turned this off mid way through the 3rd Q after all of this happened

-Missing Brady due to injury in preseason
    - Gronk gets broken for 6 weeks on his first bloody catch!
    - Ridley goes down and misses the game
    - McCourty misses 8 weeks with a collar bone
    - Browner misses 3 i think with some ankle injury
    - Garropolo then has gotten sacked 7 times (im missing my starting RT already)
    on his 8th sack he dislocated his elbow and misses 6 games
    - My punter then goes in at QB and injured himself tackling someone during i think my only punt of the game

All this while Tannehil is trucking off Wilforkk to make 60 yards plays.

Ill take my ban but im not a big fan of the one version to be honest

I feel your pain, I can't play this game for ****. Ive lost twice to the CPU in the Pro 7 and just now lost to the cowboys CPU team in this.

Very frustrating indeed. Think I'm going to struggle at this version, yet to win a game,

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Game froze on me down 3 and driving into Colts territory just outside the 2 minute warning. Have tried to load it back up but the screen just went blank. Will try again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

adrian522 wrote: »
    I feel your pain, I can't play this game for ****. Ive lost twice to the CPU in the Pro 7 and just now lost to the cowboys CPU team in this.

Very frustrating indeed. Think I'm going to struggle at this version, yet to win a game,

It's a LOT harder. Go through the Skills trainer (it's actually quite fun once you get to the gauntlet!) but it teaches you the discipline to take what you are given from the defence and nothing more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Browns beat Steelers 30 -17
    Bit of a messy game,Steelers ended with 6 sacks and the Browns with 7,was 10-10 going into the 3rd quarter.
    Big Ben was a bit of a nightmare to deal with,kept flushing him outta the pocket but then he kept making crazy throws on the run.
    Caught him out twice though where once he decided to try running up the middle,meet him head on with a hitstick,fumble,Browns recover and another where he was throwing on his run to the right but his reciever had to stop and wait for the ball to come to him,once he caught it nailed with a hitstick,fumble,browns recover.
    And 2 guys I was thinking of trading ended with big games,FS Gibson had pick 6 and LOLB Sheard had 3 sacks,maybe I will give them contracts after all.
    In some bad news Browns lost ROLB Mingo for 4 weeks with broken ribs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Lost to the Giants 34-23.
    Great pass rush only problem was the secondary leaving Cruz and co wide open.
    Stafford and Megatron are insane however.
    Deffo need a good CB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers leave everyone Sleepless in Seattle
    GB 38 - 17 SEA

The wind ruined this one a bit with neither QB fancying the idea of throwing it beyond 20 yards. Seattle's O Line got bullied and left both Wilson and Lynch with frustrating days. Packers got the breaks with the only two turnovers of the game going their way.
    Packers kicked into gear on their second possession after a 3 and out on their first and Seattle were playing catch up from then on.
    Couple of big plays for Seattle but they weren't strung together.
    Seattle will feel they left points on the field on the drives that stalled at midfield.
    Rodgers had a near perfect day passer rating wide but it masks that there was no field stretching plays by either side due to the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Panthers beat the buccs 17--13 with a TD INSIDE 2 min, Jesus easy to run the ball but impossible to complete passes, CPU is so good:-(

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Jesus easy to run the ball

Yeah i could've got more yardage if i could go through the gaps that appeared while running but its just impossible to quickly change direction in this version of madden, i find i just have to prepare for the tackle instead.

I agree about passing the ball to, no matter how s*it the CPU CB's are, they cannot be beat and will make unbelievable catches, while mine, who are rated way better, cover nobody and drop everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Yeah i could've got more yardage if i could go through the gaps that appeared while running but its just impossible to quickly change direction in this version of madden, i find i just have to prepare for the tackle instead.

I agree about passing the ball to, no matter how s*it the CPU CB's are, they cannot be beat and will make unbelievable catches, while mine, who are rated way better, cover nobody and drop everything

Much more realistic though with the running and changing direction.
    I remember the broken running game being a pet hate of mine(and a few others) in the last madden!
    I just find that the cpu defence come off their blocks much quicker

guns4all wrote: »
    Much more realistic though with the running and changing direction.
    I remember the broken running game being a pet hate of mine(and a few others) in the last madden!
    I just find that the cpu defence come off their blocks much quicker

Is it realistic though, if a gap appears and i go to put my player through it, he should go through it, i dont want to see him stutter like hes trying to get round a sharp bend while running at high speed like something you'd see in a cartoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Yeah rock I know what you mean but realistically you know the play you are about to run, know where your gap is gonna be and hopefully it's there when you hit it, like bouncing off a closed gap is a bit of chance if something opens up.

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Yeah rock I know what you mean but realistically you know the play you are about to run, know where your gap is gonna be and hopefully it's there when you hit it, like bouncing off a closed gap is a bit of chance if something opens up.

Its after the designed play im on about, say where the WR is blocking the CB, the play is designed so im running to go around them but a bigger gap appears on the inside so i go for it, then he starts stuttering and goes nowhere.

Advertisement