Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWF Dublin 1991 and 1994

Options
  • 22-11-2009 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just trying to track down some information on these two dates.

I have some old photographs from the period.

One set I think is from 1994, I've got

Earthquake and Adam Bomb
    Shaun Michaels and Diesel
    Randy Savage and Crush
    Razor Ramon
    Marty Janetty I think.

Can anyone remember (or find a reference) for the entire card? I've checked a couple of websites and for some reason the entry for "WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - March 5, 1994" is blank.

Next question :)

Around April 27th 1991 I've got some photographs of wrestlers in Dublin Airport.

Sid Justice, The Bushwakers, Texas Tornado (RIP), Tatanka.

There was a show in the point around this time too but doesn't seem to have these exact guys.

If anyone has any information about either show that would be nice to hear.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think the 1994 shows were a warm up for one of the PPVs, King of the Ring maybe.

I remember seeing Savio Vega against IRS definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

Thanks Chopper, I think you're righht.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i remember the posters around dublin at the time of the 1994 show advertising savage/razor ramon against michaels and crush in the main event

as far as the 1991 show goes

WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - April 27, 1991
    1st ever show in Ireland
    The Warlord pinned Jimmy Snuka
    Jim Neidhart pinned the Barbarian
    Jake Roberts pinned the Berzerker
    Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty (w/ Andre the Giant) defeated the Orient Express when Shawn Michaels pinned Tanaka
    Greg Valentine defeated the Brooklyn Brawler via submission with the figure-4
    Kerry Von Erich pinned Haku
    Roddy Piper defeated Earthquake via count-out after both men began brawling on the floor
    Davey Boy Smith pinned Ted Dibiase

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/91.htm

I saw that website already. I think the photos are taken around Easter 1991 which fits the April 27th time stamp. But the same website has the bush waskers in NY on that date too. But i've a photo of the bush wackers. There's also no reference to Sid Justice. Is he under an alias? Or maybe he travelled and didn't fight on the night?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I saw that website already. I think the photos are taken around Easter 1991 which fits the April 27th time stamp. But the same website has the bush waskers in NY on that date too. But i've a photo of the bush wackers. There's also no reference to Sid Justice. Is he under an alias? Or maybe he travelled and didn't fight on the night?

sid "justice" eudy was still in wcw in april 1991, in fact he wrestled el gigante(which i believe was his last match on wcw tv) at superbrawl on May 19 1991, he didn't debut for wwf until july of 1991

• Advertisement

rossie1977 wrote: »
    sid "justice" eudy was still in wcw in april 1991, in fact he wrestled el gigante(which i believe was his last match on wcw tv) at superbrawl on May 19 1991, he didn't debut for wwf until july of 1991

0h right. Well he was definitely there. I'm almost certain the date being around april. thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

0h right. Well he was definitely there. I'm almost certain the date being around april. thanks for the info.

Sid and Undertaker main evented the WWF show here in 1992, can't place the exact date other than it was Maundy Thursday that year and it was one of his last WWF shows before he left.

The list Rossie posted was exactly as I remembered it in 1991; I still thank my Ma's insurance man for serving me beer that night when I was underage and showing me how to get beer past the security check which was cool as Rene Goulet no less told me on the floor I wasn't to bring a coke through to my seat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

No help to you mate but I remember the 1991 show in Glasgow. We got free tickets through the Police as they sold only 2,000 tickets. They gave free tickets through the schools too. SECC was the venue so i take it was the same tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

I'd love to see the photies.
    WWF ran a show in the Point in 1995 with Shawn Michaels vs. IRS :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I remember Bob Sparkplug Holly versus Brooklyn Brawler as the first match I ever saw live! GO SPARKPLUG! 94

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Thurman Spark Plugg I think he was first called.

Gosh that guy has had some awful ring atire and gimmicks. Remember Bodacious Bob?!
    "Hardcore" Holly was actually alright for a while but the "hardcore" matches weren't a patch on what someone like Foley could do, instead they were just kinda comedy matches to rib on ECW. Well, not rib on but to just add a little bit of E-C-Dub.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i have a load of photos from these events
    i`ll post them up tomorrow, have to scan them first

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I was at the 1994 show and I remember (vaguely)

Virgil vs Diesel
    HBK vs Razor
    Savage vs Crush

Jeff Jarrett and i think Rick Martel were there as well,for the life of me I cant remember who they were wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brick tamland

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i remember the posters around dublin at the time of the 1994 show advertising savage/razor ramon against michaels and crush in the main event

as far as the 1991 show goes

WWF @ Dublin, Ireland - Point Depot - April 27, 1991
    1st ever show in Ireland
    The Warlord pinned Jimmy Snuka
    Jim Neidhart pinned the Barbarian
    Jake Roberts pinned the Berzerker
    Shawn Michaels & Marty Jannetty (w/ Andre the Giant) defeated the Orient Express when Shawn Michaels pinned Tanaka
    Greg Valentine defeated the Brooklyn Brawler via submission with the figure-4
    Kerry Von Erich pinned Haku
    Roddy Piper defeated Earthquake via count-out after both men began brawling on the floor
    Davey Boy Smith pinned Ted Dibiase

http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/91.htm

i was at both 91 and 94. The above list brought back loads of memorys. I have a niggling little suspicion that it may have been Virgil not Snula in the 1st match. probaly wrong though as i was only 12 at the time.

As for 94, Im sure the headline was Bret Vs Bam Bam. I also remember The Bush whackers Vs the Berverly bros ( was a big BW fan back then:D).

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭deanodrummer

Hey lads...

I've seen WWF here in 93, 94 and 95. I always thought 93 was the first year they were ever here but I was obviously mistaken. I was only a kid at the time anyways...

I defo remember Bret/Bigelow headlining the 93 show. After the match Bret draped an Irish flag around his shoulders. The only other matches I can think of was Taker/Yokozuna and I think El Matador/Papa Shango. I could be mistaken on this though.

I remember 94 and 95 much more clearly as I was in the front row with a friend who was in a wheelchair.. 94 had Diesel/Virgil, Jarrett/Martel, Bob Holly/?, Shawn/ Razor and Savage/Crush. Pretty sure Bret Hart was there too but I could be wrong..

95 was Bret/Hakushi, Shawn/IRS, Taker/Kama, Headshrinkers/Men on a Mission, Duke Droese/Jean Pierre LaFitte, Smoking Gunns, King Kong Bundy and Adam Bomb were there too but I don't remember their bouts. I still have the programme from this one.

I had a look at that history of WWF site there and I'm pretty sure there are a few inaccuracies. Maybe they had a few European tour dates and cards mixed up because the show listen in 93 is not the one I was at. Unless they did 2 shows that year. ?

Hope this helps whoever is a bit stuck on the details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

i was at both 91 and 94. The above list brought back loads of memorys. I have a niggling little suspicion that it may have been Virgil not Snula in the 1st match. probaly wrong though as i was only 12 at the time.

As for 94, Im sure the headline was Bret Vs Bam Bam. I also remember The Bush whackers Vs the Berverly bros ( was a big BW fan back then:D).

Yeah that was the main event. I went to see it aswell was only about 7 or 8 at the time so cant remeber a whole lot about it. Still have the ticket for the show. Im pretty sure the Undertaker was in there aswell.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Please post those oldschool pics!!! I never went to those :(

was there not a Warlord Virgil match , Virgil still had the face mask from some injury ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

was there not a Warlord Virgil match , Virgil still had the face mask from some injury ? ?

That match was on April 16th in Kings Hall Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Black Lead

Around April 27th 1991 I've got some photographs of wrestlers in Dublin Airport.

Sid Justice, The Bushwakers, Texas Tornado (RIP), Tatanka.

There was a show in the point around this time too but doesn't seem to have these exact guys.

If anyone has any information about either show that would be nice to hear.

That would be April 1992 Sid vs Taker, Texas Tornado vs The Model Rick Martel. Bushwhackers vs IRS and Brooklyn Brawler, Tatanka vs Kato

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Hey lads...

I've seen WWF here in 93, 94 and 95. I always thought 93 was the first year they were ever here but I was obviously mistaken. I was only a kid at the time anyways...

I defo remember Bret/Bigelow headlining the 93 show. After the match Bret draped an Irish flag around his shoulders. The only other matches I can think of was Taker/Yokozuna and I think El Matador/Papa Shango. I could be mistaken on this though.

I remember 94 and 95 much more clearly as I was in the front row with a friend who was in a wheelchair.. 94 had Diesel/Virgil, Jarrett/Martel, Bob Holly/?, Shawn/ Razor and Savage/Crush. Pretty sure Bret Hart was there too but I could be wrong..

95 was Bret/Hakushi, Shawn/IRS, Taker/Kama, Headshrinkers/Men on a Mission, Duke Droese/Jean Pierre LaFitte, Smoking Gunns, King Kong Bundy and Adam Bomb were there too but I don't remember their bouts. I still have the programme from this one.

I had a look at that history of WWF site there and I'm pretty sure there are a few inaccuracies. Maybe they had a few European tour dates and cards mixed up because the show listen in 93 is not the one I was at. Unless they did 2 shows that year. ?

Hope this helps whoever is a bit stuck on the details.

I was there!! Have the photos to prove it. Also, Alundra Blayze fought Bertha Faye, match lasted about 5 mins. I remember Bret Hart coming down to the railing where I was sitting...was too shy to go up to him.:o
    Ah, good times!!!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Please post those oldschool pics!!! I never went to those :(

will do this evening

i think these are from 1991
    i`ll have more but it means a trip to the attic so i`ll post them tomorrow

IGNORE THESE THEY ARE WRONG WAY ROUND

turned them

MORE

more

the last two at the mo i`ll try and do the rest tomorrow

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

awesome! this is really a blast from the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Subotai

The sad death today of Rowdy Roddy Piper reminded me of the 1991 WWF show in the point. I was 12 when i was at it, and i remember now that Piper vs Earthquake was the headline act. I think Piper won via a countout, and went around waving the Irish flag afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,291 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I remember waiting outside at the end of the '91 show and they had heel and face buses not that I knew those terms back then.

Advertisement