Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raw 27/07/2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Time and what channel tonight ??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Time and what channel tonight ??

Sky Sports 3 at 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Poor, poor Ambrose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Fresh matches ?

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Owens got barely any reaction. Another notch on WWE and Cena's belt.

• Advertisement

Oh good Cena is out burying the WWE Champion. Fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Stephanie trollolin'

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Oh good Cena is out burying the WWE Champion. Fantastic.

The thing is though, he's actually right. Cena's put more prestige in the US belt than Rollins has in the main belt.

"For the first time ever."

Sorry WWE, nothing you say can make a Big Show match sound even the slightest bit interesting.

andyman wrote: »
    The thing is though, he's actually right. Cena's put more prestige in the US belt than Rollins has in the main belt.

There's a problem with burying your opponent like Cena always does. You bury yourself.

You beat him, well done you beat what you considered a joke of an opponent. You lose, you lost to said joke opponent.

It's absolutely baffling and they've done it for years.

• Advertisement

Moneymaker wrote: »
    There's a problem with burying your opponent like Cena always does. You bury yourself.

You beat him, well done you beat what you considered a joke of an opponent. You lose, you lost to said joke opponent.

It's absolutely baffling and they've done it for years.

Mick Foley said the same as well when Trips was saying Cena couldn't wrestle and all sorts back in their 2006 feud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The miz is great

'I would have done the same, probably would have kicked out at one, though'

Love him or hate him, The Miz comes out with some great lines.

Ok, so Ambrose just got fed to Big Show and looked like a geek.

Can someone explain this to me?

Dean Ambrose has lost by a countout to the Big Show.

That's just.. On what planet do they think that's a good idea?

And now Big Show looks like a moron. So no one gets over.

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's Obvious the WWE don't give a fcuk about matches or what sense they make because fans will watch anyway.

Is the Big Show or Kane ever going to retire?

Just make them go away please, its 2015 ffs.

They just made Ambrose and Big show look both like complete eejits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Stop this revolution already and bring back the bra and knickers

• Advertisement

"Beautiful and Dangerous."

Oh dear.

I thought Bad Ass Divas sounded better myself

That ad will never get old. Class.

Hell of a match right there

"The hot and obedient Summer."

Gotta love Rusev.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Someone is getting fish slapped.

Titus O Neil should get into commentary if the wrestling thing doesn't work out. He's absolutely fantastic. He's just buried Byron.

Christ Bray, get to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

have they renamed the rko the rko outta nowhere. sheamus said it around 20 times there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Cenas broken nose is nasty,

Shut up, Cole. Broken nose or not, he's still annoying.

great performance again from cena. And a properly executed stf. He is putting in a huge effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

andyman wrote: »

Take a look at how the two are booked to see why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

TGJD wrote: »
    And a properly executed stf.

if anything it was worse than normal, you could park a bus in the gap between Rollins' head and Cena's left arm.
    and to compound things they had him tap after about a quarter of a second.

if anything it was worse than normal, you could park a bus in the gap between Rollins' head and Cena's left arm.
    and to compound things they had him tap after about a quarter of a second.

I thought it looked much better. Secondly i don't see how it would make sense for rollins to stay in the stf any longer without tapping. His character is supposed to be intelligent, he had no way of escaping the hold so he tapped quickly to avoid injury. His title wasn't on the line and it makes little sense that he would be willing to push himself too hard for a lesser title. Rollins is built as a cunning heel not a never say die babyface like john cena. To have him stay in the hold doesn't serve the story or make sense for his current character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

TGJD wrote: »
    I thought it looked much better. Secondly i don't see how it would make sense for rollins to stay in the stf any longer without tapping. His character is supposed to be intelligent, he had no way of escaping the hold so he tapped quickly to avoid injury. His title wasn't on the line and it makes little sense that he would be willing to push himself too hard for a lesser title. Rollins is built as a cunning heel not a never say die babyface like john cena. To have him stay in the hold doesn't serve the story or make sense for his current character.

I think the issue is more that the fast tap compounds the silliness of how the hold doesn't look painful at all rather than anything to do with Rollins or his character.

Haven't watched this Raw yet but I've certainly seen plenty of not painful looking STFs in my time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was a grand Raw.

Cena vs Rollins was fine, but it does continue the problem of Rollins being booked so, so poorly. I get they wanted Cena winning to push that he deserves the title, but I really don't like the idea of Rollins tapping out, and so quickly as well. The broken nose looked sickening too.

Owens/Orton was grand, but it's Owens/Cesaro I'm really looking forward to. Should be a great match.

Liked Stardust sneaking in the Dusty Rhodes lines. Amell has been tweeting fan art of Stardust vs Arrow, so would imagine he could be in Neville's corner come Summerslam.

Divas matches are a step up from the usual fare, but suffer from the fact the NXT divas are having to face the WWE divas who aren't on their level.

Also liked Ambrose's story with Big Show, though would have been happier with Ambrose winning via count out, rather than losing. Also feels weird that he's doing that story away from the Wyatts/Reigns.

Overall, a fine Raw, but not a huge amount of story progression outside Cena/Rollins, so mostly skipable (in spite of HHH and Steph screaming how fresh a show it would be).

8v8brP4.gif

Best entrance in wrestling today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Steph: "For the first time ever I'll say No"

....Slag!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think the issue is more that the fast tap compounds the silliness of how the hold doesn't look painful at all rather than anything to do with Rollins or his character.

Haven't watched this Raw yet but I've certainly seen plenty of not painful looking STFs in my time.

I say the nasty broken nose could have had something to do with it also

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

J. Marston wrote: »
    8v8brP4.gif

Best entrance in wrestling today.

Not gonna lie and i was laughing for a long time watching that. Have to say The New Day are great

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Banks vs Paige was pretty flat for a match given so much time. Find Paige to basically be the same quality of worker since she debuted on TV what 15/18 months ago. The crowd didn't turn which was a positive. Tag Match wasn't anything better than has happened before but Alicia got concussed and Nikki Bella has basically the wrestling equivalent of a provisional license

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tssk

Paige's drop kicks are woeful I find.No elevation worth talking about. Had to stop watching when Rusev presented a headless fish called Lana to Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Another stumble by creative.
    Should of let Rollins answer the US challenge instead of announcing it I would have flipped when his theme dropped!

... That superplex though

Advertisement