Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quarter acre site - how big a house

Options
  • 25-07-2014 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondering very casually. What's the biggest toe story house you could build on a quarter acre site ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mickman wrote: »
    Hi guys

Just wondering very casually. What's the biggest two story house you could build on a quarter acre site ?

Depends on where the site it, Urban, Suburban, Rural and what's near by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Depends on where the site it, Urban, Suburban, Rural and what's near by.

Country side estate. House on one side . Would you get 2500 with extr 500 attic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Country side estate. House on one side . Would you get 2500 with extr 500 attic ?

I think you need to check with Planning re site size. If you've a treatment plant or septic tank I think you'll need a half acre.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    I think you need to check with Planning re site size. If you've a treatment plant or septic tank I think you'll need a half acre.

It's a serviced site so all that is mains job

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Do you need a house that size? Have a proper think about your situation now and going forward. Consider build cost, heating, cleaning, maintenance etc.

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    Do you need a house that size? Have a proper think about your situation now and going forward. Consider build cost, heating, cleaning, maintenance etc.

Yes . Wouldn't have posted if I wasn't sure

• Registered Users Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭893bet

Yes . Wouldn't have posted if I wasn't sure

Fair enough. I am building a circa 2200 sq feet house and it seems huge. I had planned on 2600 but was talked out of it thankfully.

So does anyone think I could get a 2500 sq ft house on .25 acre serviced site ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭hexosan

Ask the planning dept they're the only ones who can give you the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

So does anyone think I could get a 2500 sq ft house on .25 acre serviced site ?

Physically yes: but planning is a different matter.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement

galwaytt wrote: »
    Physically yes: but planning is a different matter.

Ok thanks

Advertisement