Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary Wall Question

Options
  • 11-07-2014 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭

A relative living in the country with a neighbour directly beside them. My relative has a boundary wall and a pumphouse stuck in the middle of the wall hence the back wall of the pumphouse makes up a section of the boundary. The neighbour has cut down his trees and is now constructing a concrete post and fence up to my relatives boundary. They think that the neighbour must keep 2 feet away from their boundary wall. I thought that someone can build their boundary wall up against my relatives.

Any professional on here shed light on what is correct and what is not.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

the neightbour owns from halfway in the existing boundary, therefore they can do what they like on their side.

it does sound a bit silly to end up with two boundaries, but hey.. thats neighbours for you.

i would assume the 2 foot thing you refer to would be if someone was building an extension etc and they would need to finish / maintain / allow for overhangs etc.. that the 2 foot would be applicable.

but to answer your question, no he doesnt have to stay 2 foot away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

much appreciated. You know how people get upset so easily about these things and my relative is making up new laws as she thinks about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭saucyleopard

This crowd do boundary disputes <snip> You could give then a casual ring and just happen to ask what the story is about boundaries - if you know what I mean. Might work and you would have the legal answer.

Advertisement