Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo VillainRom for Hero released

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Mr E wrote: »
    2 full days running it, no problems. If I was being picky, I only like part of the blue theme (I don't like the radio buttons or lock screen, but like everything else about the theme). The original vanilla theme is now downloadable from the link I posted above.

You flashed an overclock kernel as a matter of interest?

I've stuck with the stock one for now. On 1.2 i was using google navigation for less than 20 mins and the phone got ridicously hot, I'm presuming the overclock (was using it at 691) was either the cause or at least a contributing factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I flashed the 652 kernel. Not sure it makes a huge difference to be honest.

Have gotten at least 2 freezes and 4 random reboots with the rom over last day and a half. Reboots have happened when phone idle, listening to music, unlocking phone and when in use, so basically every situation. Reading over at Villain Forums lots of people getting reboots as well. Changed the CPU settings to interactive when screen off and have upped my lower freq to 176. Previously had no probs with as low as 19.

Oh how I yearn for the stability of VR12 with the performance of Froyd :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

flugel wrote: »
    Have gotten at least 2 freezes and 4 random reboots with the rom over last day and a half. Reboots have happened when phone idle, listening to music, unlocking phone and when in use, so basically every situation. Reading over at Villain Forums lots of people getting reboots as well. Changed the CPU settings to interactive when screen off and have upped my lower freq to 176. Previously had no probs with as low as 19.

Oh how I yearn for the stability of VR12 with the performance of Froyd :o

Same deal random reboots also freezing on certain programs and getting some sort of forced close of a google app even though i didnt open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I've had a few random lockups mostly while listening to music. Had to reboot a few times in order to use the phone. Not looked too deep into it yet. On the 652 no boot animation kernel.

• Advertisement

No reboots or freezes since I switched to SetCPU but the battery is taking a hammering. Fully charged at midnight. Up at 7.30 battery down to 70%, now have to charge it.

Seriously considering VR12 again.

One more thing, anyone able to play mp4's? Worked with VR12, there some HTC component that makes the playback work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

A few random reboots in the past week. Might wipe and do a clean install, as I just flashed over the previous version.

Advertisement