Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundcard Problem?

Options
  • 21-08-2007 6:11pm

Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop...

The connection between my audio-in port and the inbuilt speakers has been broken for a while and I could only hear stuff using earphones.. even then, I was only getting sound from the left earphone.

THEN the little end piece of my earphone jack broke off and got stuck in the audio-in port (!!!!!!) and I couldn't get it out... I still can't...

So I heard about USB speakers and bought some, thinking that they'd bypass all of the problem areas and take the sound out directly from my soundcard, via the USB port.

I just got them this morning and I'm having no luck. There is nothing that I need to install or settings that I need to change, I don't think. I didn't get a manual with them. So is it safe to assume that my laptop's audio is entirely gone bye-bye? Any alternatives to getting a new motherboard that I can't afford?

Advertisement