Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat & Off Topic Banter

Options
  • 24-07-2014 9:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Sure is quiet round here at the mo! Ok, lets see if we can maybe do something about that. A lot of forums have 'off topic' threads, where regular viewers/users of a forum can engage in everyday discussion, & just generally kick back a bit & shoot the breeze. Eventually, if there's enough posts, with some added luck, a community starts to form...& folks get to know each other a bit better.

Could that work here in this forum? Who knows! Maybe, hopefully! Lets try shall we? So here we are, our very own off topic & general chat thread. So, what shall we talk about....hmmm....what did you do today? Anything funny? Anything pee you off? Anything at all to get the ball rolling...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sheesh, tough crowd :o How are yee all coping with the heat? Any closet winter lovers here? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

What's to say ....... life's a beach! :D

What's to say ....... life's a beach! :D

Yay...people!!! :D A day for the beach anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Beach? Yer all mad, I'm a puddle of goo in this heat

Taltos wrote: »
    Beach? Yer all mad, I'm a puddle of goo in this heat

Honestly, same as. I'm not a lover of the heat at all. Blue skies & sunshine yes, but not humidity...eugh. The most uncomfortable weather ever is a hot & humid night. Give me thunder & rain all day long :o

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Honestly, same as. I'm not a lover of the heat at all. Blue skies & sunshine yes, but not humidity...eugh. The most uncomfortable weather ever is a hot & humid night. Give me thunder & rain all day long :o

emigrate and leave the good weather here for the rest of us ;)

emigrate and leave the good weather here for the rest of us ;)

Nah, we get plenty of good weather here. It's just my definition of good weather is a bit different :o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Myrddin wrote: »
    Nah, we get plenty of good weather here. It's just my definition of good weather is a bit different :o:P

I'm the same. Storms, rain, wind all reasonably good. Humidity and this brightness not a good mix.

ye are both too darned Irish ...... seem to love yer 'soft day' :D

ye are both too darned Irish ...... seem to love yer 'soft day' :D

Ha, not quite. If I were truly Irish I'd be moaning due to the sunshine, & then moaning due to the cold in winter :D I guess I just enjoy the more 'dynamic' weather, I find it fascinating! Again I've no issue with the sun, I like a clear sunny day as much as the next person...the heat/humidity though...I'm just not built for that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Off topic on a disability thread?
    A bit random.
    I have often wondered don't able bodied people walk funny?
    I don't treat them any different though!:rolleyes:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Off topic on a disability thread?
    A bit random.

It's a disability forum we're in here, this is a thread :) And off topic threads work well in a lot of other forums, where regular users who are used to engaging in the forum can talk about other non forum related stuff, with the people their used to chatting with. Noting random about it, this may be slow to get going, but the userbase isn't that large at the moment. With a bit of work it'll grow (hopefully).
    I have often wondered don't able bodied people walk funny?
    I don't treat them any different though!:rolleyes:

O.....k :confused:

Advertisement