Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcliffe Road Bridge.

Options
  • 02-02-2015 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Has anyone the slightest idea as to when the bridge on the drumcliffe road will open again, or is it closed indefinitely?

It's a big loss to traffic going out the Gort road who could avoid town, myself included! :o

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The big problem with the bridge is it wasn't designed to take the amount of traffic that was goign over it, it was a great little rat run to avoid the town and end up on the Lahinch road, according to the Clare CoCo site it was due to be closed for 3 months so it should be opening again at the end of the month

http://www.clarecoco.ie/roads-and-transport/news/temporary-closure-of-drehidnagower-bridge-is-announced.html

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Copa Mundial

That's brilliant thanks! I had heard rumours it was closed til July! Thankfully it'll end the 9:05 madness at the Maid of Eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 chroi

Excuse the bump,. already a thread on this so didn't want to create a second -hope that's ok

Bridge closed 'til end of July, coco website update on March 5th

I can't link, too newbie :D but it's on the clarecoco website under Roads & Transports -> Roadworks and Closures
    Mod Edit to add linkhttp://www.clarecoco.ie/roads-and-transport/roadworks-and-closures/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ollaetta

An article in the Champion on 22nd Feb quoted the Council Engineer as saying the tendering process for a contractor would not be completed until the end of March and that works would take 3 months to complete "weather and river levels allowing".

• Advertisement
Advertisement