Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twitch & BRDS

Options
  • 14-05-2015 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Not sure if anyone ever considered this before but thought it might be worth posting

Just wondering does anyone use this themselves?

I have an account but have never streamed before, the Missus got hers going and was streaming with a few mates there playing Destiny using the integrated PS4 broadcast feature.

From a lot of the content you see up there, I reckon if there was a BRDS account setup by one of the lads (Proco /Sheehy or whoever can afford the bandwidth) there'd be some craic with the random GTA days we've had: racing playlists, crew lobbies etc and featuring your favorite BRDS catch phrases such as "Nooooo"; "Utility"; "99 Laps"; "Proximity"

anyway, I might get my own account streaming soon next time I'm online (i'm swapping between destiny and GTA these days) but if anyone was into the idea, a crew account could work and would also give the lads not able to play a chance to log on and watch the BRDS antics live (at least on PS4).

If there are any Twitch streamers already streaming GTA BRDS - feel free to add me http://www.twitch.tv/hingo85 (Mod note if linking this is a no-no, feel free to remove the link)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

I started broadcasting on Twitch from the get go when I got the Xbox One, even saved some of my stuff onto youtube.
    I still dont know much about it like if its possible for viewers to hear everyone thats in the session and not just yourself but there must be a way as I've seen my cousin do it with his mates and I could hear all of them chatting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great idea, I think if someone is starting a twitch session, first say it to the lads who are in-game to let them know they are being broadcasted (some people might not want to take part in it). Then post a link here so maybe people aren't in game can still tune in and watch.

Boards playlists are some of the best laughs Online when you have a good number of crew members on.

I streamed a few EA UFC fights before but I was on 4mb internet and it was fairly laggy. I have 45mb's now so should be able to stream a session fine now. Must try it next time I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Hingo

I started broadcasting on Twitch from the get go when I got the Xbox One, even saved some of my stuff onto youtube.
    I still dont know much about it like if its possible for viewers to hear everyone thats in the session and not just yourself but there must be a way as I've seen my cousin do it with his mates and I could hear all of them chatting.

There's an option to enable broadcast chat/camera on PS4 share settings along with party chat broadcast. I can imagine XBone have similar settings?

@Sheehy, don't think in game chat is broadcasted, only the broadcaster voice but if you host a PSN party then there's an option to broadcast that... I think anyway, I'll look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Upload will be more important if you want to broadcast.

Advertisement