Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP XP Drivers

Options
  • 11-01-2008 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hey all,

I've got a HP Pavilion dv6599ea that came installed with Vista, however I want to install XP on it. The only problem is I'm having SERIOUS problems locating drivers for it, especially for both the wired and wireless cards.....

I've searched HP's site from top to bottom but they only provide Vista drivers that are not compatible with XP. I've also had a look on the usual driver sites with not luck.... Anyone got any advice or have similiar problems???? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Try and find a parts list of laptops hardware via a review website like that, then track down the drivers for XP from the manufacturers website, ie. the Wireless card could be an Intel Pro 2200 wireless card, which you would goto Intel.com to get the drivers for. The Network card could be realtek or broadcom and you'd goto their websites respectively.
    Try www.driveragent.com and see does it detect what hardware you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I have exactly the same model and have had no problems with Vista. Why would you want XP loaded?

Advertisement