Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

train stations of recent

Options
  • 14-04-2014 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Just making a train trip today and was wondering what the craic is with some fairly new stations that are unused ?

One for kishoge after fonthill completely closed ?

Clondalkin/fonthill has 2 buildings but only one in use ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Kishogue was funded by a property developer as part of planning permission for large scale housing projects. Clongriffin, Hansfield and Adamstown were funded under the same basis. In the case of Kishogue, the development didn't followed through so the station hasn't been opened. I'm not too sure about unopened buildings at Clondalkin; is it an entrance on both sides of the main road?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Kishogue was funded by a property developer as part of planning permission for large scale housing projects. Clongriffin, Hansfield and Adamstown were funded under the same basis. In the case of Kishogue, the development didn't followed through so the station hasn't been opened. I'm not too sure about unopened buildings at Clondalkin; is it an entrance on both sides of the main road?

Ah right, it seemed like a completed station nearly and very little around

Yeah it has a building on both sides of the road and they both seem to reflect each other building layout wise

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Hazelhatch, Adamstown and Parkwest are the same as Clondalkin, unused platforms . I believe they were built as 4 platform+ stations due to Dart extension to Hazelhatch , but that never happened so they are left Idle now until it is completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Same with Clongriffin, although very busy at peak times it's not used too much. Built with 4 platforms and tracks installed to 3 of them. The up passing loop was finally commissioned last year while the other loop platform has no track bed in place or points installed on the down line for it.

Finishing the down loop would allow another very useful overtaking spot on the northern line to improve frequency of services. Can't see it every happening though but it should before DASH 2 is completed.

i understand the 4 platform thing. makes sense i think if you have different services etc.

but the unused building in clondalkin ? doesnt make sense at all to even have 2 buildings in the first place !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JeffK88

Was metro west due to go through clondalkin as a sort of transfer point between Kildare Line and the Metro to Airport/Tallaght. Perhaps that could be the building reserved for that ??

Says the station was to be a transfer point : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clondalkin/Fonthill_railway_station

Just on platform two at the moment in clondalkin fonthill

The west concourse building (the closed off one) .... I can see in parts of the station, it has big signs saying which stairs for which platforms etc. Customer ready ?

Also there is a water leak under the building leaking onto the track.... should I tell them ?

Still dont know why its closed or built in the first place :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Just on platform two at the moment in clondalkin fonthill

The west concourse building (the closed off one) .... I can see in parts of the station, it has big signs saying which stairs for which platforms etc. Customer ready ?

Also there is a water leak under the building leaking onto the track.... should I tell them ?

Still dont know why its closed or built in the first place :/

Google Kildare Rail Project.

Advertisement