Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well it's offical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Fianna Fail reckon we are all so dumb that we will have forgotten that by now. Same as they reckon we'll have forgotted they destroyed this country in about 5 years time. Unfortunately, they may be right about the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I just threw up! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Anyone know any good German language courses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Listen to Brian Lenihan squirm on Radio One right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11805529
    ^
    Here it is on a proper news agency not RTE/Pravda - who use tragic deaths for headlines.

Over to you PFC Hudson:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

msg11 wrote: »
    That Biffo goon lying threw his teeth all week..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1121/economy.html

ehh just this week? try a bit longer there buddy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

is it Gift grub or the News at One that is currently on ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

The sooner the Mods sticky a "Doom and Gloom" thread the better.

These threads are ridiculous, popping up one an hour.

Do people just sit and wait for bad news to post here?

The sooner the Mods sticky a "Doom and Gloom" thread the better.

These threads are ridiculous, popping up one an hour.

This is probably the biggest piece of news on the economy since the bubble burst. Of course there's going to be a thread.

My 5 years of German in secondary school finally will pay off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

"He described the funding being applied for 'a standby fund' and said not all of it would necessarily be drawn down."

Yeah right! I hope the IMF know what they are getting themselves into - they might need their own rescue package when our government are finished with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

He just wants to get off the island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They will be offering us more cheeze, bread and butter next week hoping that we will all forget about it. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

msg11 wrote: »
    Well it's offical

That Biffo goon lying threw his teeth all week..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1121/economy.html

Yes thats probably the word for it Offical

Seems to in common usage in Ireland
    http://www.visitdublin.com/
    http://www.belleek.ie/
    etc

I think it means an Official Hole dug by an Official Government spinning Official Lies about Official Talks they are not party to concerning Official Debts of the Official Sovereign State supporting an Offal Incumbent Lot of Banking Liars

Collie D wrote: »
    Anyone know any good German language courses?
    Think this mght serve you better

Ni Hao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

luckily i downloaded lee moses' album so instead of feeling sad, i'm lost in a peaceful sea of tranquility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Ruu wrote: »
    I just threw up! :mad:

I just through up! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Absolutley ridiculous. However I am not surprised. Biffo and his FF cronies would lie to their own mother to stay in power.

The part about lowering the minimum wage is shocking. If they lower the min wage without massive dole cuts then we will experience more unemployment and not less. It simply will not be worth peoples while to work

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

vote Lisbon for jobs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

A politician lied?

Shock...horror. What is this world coming to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

lets riot im sick of us irish sitting on our arm chairs and doing **** all lets storm the dail and behead the biffo the fat ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-11805529
    ^
    Here it is on a proper news agency not RTE/Pravda - who use tragic deaths for headlines.

Cheers for that. It's a good link and explains all this quite well! It actually makes sense now to my feeble female mind! ;)

As much as I miss Ireland (as in home, family, friends etc) I'm happy not to be there at the moment.

Anybody watch Russel Howards Good News? They were talking about the "free cheese" scheme. I say talking, but they were ripping the **** outta it. And who could blame them? Is free cheese really meant to raise morale?! Do the government really think that that's what people need most at this time of year?!
    AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

time to get the paddles...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

bc dub wrote: »
    vote Lisbon for jobs :rolleyes:

The EU Army is here.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Meanwhile, the Minister for Justice has described as 'fiction' the speculation that Ireland is about to seek financial aid from the European Union.
    Dermot Ahern told RTÉ's The Week in Politics that 'nothing is going on at the direction of Government in relation to this.'
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1114/okeefeb.html

That's your minister for justice right there folks.
    The spearhead of the blasphemy law.

How are we to have respect for law and order in this country when such lies and bullshit are being fed to us.....

However, Mr Lenihan said the total would "not be three figures".

No, it'll be 11 or 12 figures Brian.

I keep thinking in all this about the phrase in someone's signature from awhile back (roughly):
    A billion here, a billion there, and soon you're talking about real money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

**** hole country, its true what foreigners say about the Irish, some state now, people were warned for years but its always FF or nothing in this country..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

Cleeo wrote: »
    Cheers for that. It's a good link and explains all this quite well! It actually makes sense now to my feeble female mind! ;)

As much as I miss Ireland (as in home, family, friends etc) I'm happy not to be there at the moment.

Anybody watch Russel Howards Good News? They were talking about the "free cheese" scheme. I say talking, but they were ripping the **** outta it. And who could blame them? Is free cheese really meant to raise morale?! Do the government really think that that's what people need most at this time of year?!
    AAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Well the cheese thing is actually an EU thing, not the Irish Government and these type of schemes have been going on for years. The EU gives foods to charitable groups to distribute. I didn't really think it was such a bad thing to give to charity. Why you so mad at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

And the biggest joke is they'll still get their minimum 60+ seats at the next election because they "take care of their own".

Someone nuke this place and quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Old news, I already posted this yesterday!!!

ricero wrote: »
    lets riot im sick of us irish sitting on our arm chairs and doing **** all lets storm the dail and behead the biffo the fat ****
    Have you seen the weather forcast, it's too cold to be standing around in the streets!

bonerm wrote: »
    And the biggest joke is they'll still get their minimum 60+ seats at the next election because they "take care of their own".

I have had that fear but I really can't see that happening this time. The Red C poll gave them 18% today in a survey of 1,000. I'm even amazed they could find 180 people who support them.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    time to get the paddles...
    Who's first?

Well the cheese thing is actually an EU thing, not the Irish Government and these type of schemes have been going on for years. The EU gives foods to charitable groups to distribute. I didn't really think it was such a bad thing to give to charity. Why you so mad at it?
    Well there it is, now it is clear.

Ireland is officially a charitable organisation in the eyes of the EU

First comes the cheese,
    then comes the Big Cheese

(to ask you borrow enough to pay for it)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭The Waltzing Consumer

wil wrote: »
    Well there it is, now it is clear.

Ireland is officially a charitable organisation in the eyes of the EU

First comes the cheese,
    then comes the Big Cheese

(to ask you borrow enough to pay for it)

:confused: What? The EU has schemes where they give foods to member countries to distribute to charitable organisations.

In Ireland, the food is distributed by the St. Vincent de Paul who work in areas of poverty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭Craebear

Treason!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

I'm delighted. People of Ireland need to learn a hard lesson. There would never have been banking problems had people not decided to get mortgages.

My philosophy in life is never ever sign a contract and if you do make sure you spell your name wrong and deny everything!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I thought that was the point of After Hours? :confused:;)

I'm delighted. People of Ireland need to learn a hard lesson. There would never have been banking problems had people not decided to get mortgages.

My philosophy in life is never ever sign a contract and if you do make sure you spell your name wrong and deny everything!

Just don't try that in the US, the banks there are forging signitures to enable them to forclose quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Max Power1 wrote: »
    The part about lowering the minimum wage is shocking. If they lower the min wage without massive dole cuts then we will experience more unemployment and not less. It simply will not be worth peoples while to work

Don't worry, they will lower both..

• Advertisement

:confused: What? The EU has schemes where they give foods to member countries to distribute to charitable organisations.

In Ireland, the food is distributed by the St. Vincent de Paul who work in areas of poverty.
    And with the water lapping around their ankles FF chose to make a public announcement on one such scheme (the one and only since the wonderful times of the free milk for schoolkids back in the 80s) in a hilariously pun riddled backfiring PR stunt.

Hats, coats and gloves off to the St Vincent de Paul, they do a wonderful and often unnoticed job despite our gov.

Seriousness aside
    is it not OK that I take the pi$$ out of every gov, doom or loan thread, they have been taking the pi$$ out of me for a long time now.

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only -- and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin

You want to really know whats going on, look to comedians. There in lies the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

wil wrote: »

"I remain just one thing, and one thing only -- and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician." Charlie Chaplin

You want to really know whats going on, look to comedians. There in lies the pain.

*Looks down at sig*

And presuming you have read his life story, he had a lot to play with.

For the past several years people here have moaned and groaned about nonsense.
    And comedy suffered.

The oxymoronicness of that last phrase is not lost on me.

Some people need to get some real problems. Gives you a whole different perspective on what is important.

This government has been doing their best to help revive quality comedy.
    Bravo:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

TheZohan wrote: »
    He just wants to get off the island.

Funny, this is where the pr1ck was during the bailout talks:

http://www.thejournal.ie/multibillion-euro-rescue-talks-went-on-as-cowen-visited-arranmore-2010-11/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I first became aware of this through the national news website here in Denmark. What a lovely picture and headline I was met with..:rolleyes:
    dJ8c5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Chap, I don't have a mortgage or a loan of any sort, or any means to access funds. Just the money I work for, I save and then buy.

So saying learning a hard lesson is a bit ridiculous to a majority of people who didn't spend beyond there means or get loans, for cars , holidays , a house .

So to burden me for the next god knows how many years with what ever way they see fit too pay back the 100 Billion Euro. I think is a very unfair.

So if you don't mind telling me exactly what lesson it is that I have learned?

Although I have no problem helping out with the mess, what I do have a problem with is the fact that out of this 'bailout money' , them bastards in the Dail will be still getting the same pay for the same ****e. I'll pay my tax's blah blah blah, on one condition. Them folks in Dail get out.

They have no idea what to do or where to start, even how to start. I'm no expert but see here is the catch you don't have to be. Anybody with a bit of cop on or common sense knows there useless. The dogs on the street know it at this stage.

Advertisement