Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 9400 NVidia 7900gs

Options
  • 14-01-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I have the above setup and am running Vista Home Prem.
    I always had a windows score of 4.7 the GPU had a score of 5.7 and the RAM 2GB 667 was thew lowest component.

Basically I was pissing around with the Graphics Drivers trying to install a clockable driver from a third party site. I wasnt able to get it working as I always had the origional NVidia Driver reinstalled at startup. I didnt spend too long at this and didnt think any more about it.

The other night I was looking at the performance as I was playing Crysis and aving a bit of trouble. I reinstalled the origionasl driver again to be sure. Then I updated the windows socre (as tere was a prompt for this) and I am now down to 2.7 on my GPU. Any advice on this before I go rebuildig the machine.
    Also when we are at it any idea why the WIFI performance on Vista it ten times better than when I run XP on the same machine ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I didn't notice any difference between Vista and XP on my 9400.

Advertisement