Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journalism?

Options
  • 24-03-2013 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm currently doing a fetac level 5 journalism course. I've got distinctions in all modules and hope to go to either DCU or DIT to study journalism next year..

I'm hoping to weigh up the pros and cons of both and decide which to put first on my CAO.

I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who could give me some advice regarding DCU Journalism?

Like, what are the facilities/campus like? Is the course enjoyable, would you recommend it? Is the teaching of a high quality or?

Thanks a lot for any information! Really appreciate it!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭RonanM123

If you from Dublin then DIT is fine if not then pick DCU much better than DIT, I'm in DIT and hate the collage.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 blueboy123

Like, what are the facilities/campus like? Is the course enjoyable, would you recommend it? Is the teaching of a high quality or?

Thanks a lot for any information! Really appreciate it!

The course is good, mix of practical and theory modules throughout the three years. Course is slow starting but gets busy from second year on. Very good course imo and taught well for the most part. Has it's good and bad parts but all courses do.

Teaching is good and uses current and past industry professionals which helps a lot. Zoe Comyns (Newstalk), Paul O'Flynn (RTE), Kevin Rafter (Tribune, Times, Indo, RTE Radio), Julian Vignoles (RTÉ assistant commissioning editor for factual programmes) and Jane Suiter (Economics Editor at The Irish Times) amongst others.

Advertisement