Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vehicle mileage limits

Options
  • 11-08-2014 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi guys.
    I wonder if you could help me out.
    I've read recently of AGS vehicles having to be decommissioned at 300,000kms and was wondering if there was a similar requirement for the National Ambulance Service vehicles.
    If so could you point me in the proper direction.
    Thanks S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 leeenfield

In Africa and other less spoiled countries people have to keep their vehicles going far longer

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

leeenfield wrote: »
    In Africa and other less spoiled countries people have to keep their vehicles going far longer

Eh? And your point?
    Or it's relevance to what I asked?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Should a mileage limit depend on the vehicle involved and the cost of a refurb ?
    I mean not much point totally revamping an average police car, but it may well be well worth putting new engine/ gearbox into an ambulance after x number of miles..
    Fire engines may have low milage but massive engine hours so worth refurbing...
    Reliability would be a issue, but appliances could be downgraded from emergency response to more routine use ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

leeenfield wrote: »

Africa is a continent, not a country. In some developing countries people also don't have enoigh food, guess we should do without that too.

Advertisement