Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wi fi on tablet

Options
  • 07-07-2013 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

will a tablet with wifi be able to connect to any public wifi say in a coffee shop as well as home lan?

Comments

Yeps! Anywhere a laptop can connect a tablet/smartphone can connect also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Simi

LoveCoke wrote: »
    will a tablet with wifi be able to connect to any public wifi say in a coffee shop as well as home lan?

Yes, as long as it's an open network or you have the password/login details.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Yeps! Anywhere a laptop can connect a tablet/smartphone can connect also.
    thanks, thats cool

I said on other thread i might get this, in extravision think 189
    http://www.hannspree.eu/products/tablet-pc/pad/hannspad/sn97t41w

Simi wrote: »
    Yes, as long as it's an open network or you have the password/login details.
    yes i am thinking of a network where key is given

LoveCoke wrote: »
    thanks, thats cool

I said on other thread i might get this, in extravision think 189
    http://www.hannspree.eu/products/tablet-pc/pad/hannspad/sn97t41w

I'm not 100% sure but after a quick google I'm pretty sure that tablet hasn't been released yet so it may be a different model in Xtravision. Not 100% though.

Edit: Actually here it is. Not sure what the difference is with S at the front but they both seem to have the same specs. Tablet looks decent but I can't find any reviews about it online.

• Advertisement

Could you connect a dongle and have internet on the go with a wi fi tablet?

Advertisement