Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mail Forwarding from the US

Options
  • 04-05-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭

I just came across this website when I was browsing on skis.com. It claims to offer you a US delivery address to which you can have your cheap goods delivered and then have them consequently forwarded to your real address outside of the United States. It seems tempting, but the complications I'd be wary of are things like your delivery address not matching your billing address, import duty etc.

Anyway, if you're interested here's the address - http://www.bongous.com/index.php

Seems legit, as far as I can tell. Guess it's not a new concept. http://www.nevershoppedout.com/index.php/home/mail-forwarding.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Or just use a friend you know in the US, alot safer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

The missus has used them a few times. She says they do what it says on the tin.
    As regards the complications: you can set up some kind of secondary address on your credit card, and you should count on paying full import VAT/duty as applicable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i have a contact in the us who will mail for a small fee, mods if this is not ok pls delete

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Or just use a friend you know in the US, alot safer.
    Pfft, as if anyone browsing bargain alerts has friends at all let alone in the USA
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Pfft, as if anyone browsing bargain alerts has friends at all let alone in the USA
    :pac:

yourself included?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I shipped some cereal to a fellow boardsie but it isn't cheap, even for plain old first class mail.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ruu wrote: »
    I shipped some cereal to a fellow boardsie but it isn't cheap, even for plain old first class mail.. :/
    Not the mention the fact you opened the box of Lucky Charms.. and removed every single marshmallow before shipping it to me. THEY'RE THE BEST BITS!1!!

For shame, Ruu.. FOR SHAME! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Lucky Charms! OM NOM NOM!
    I haven't had a box since 2006. Post over more!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭conor052001

they sell them in fallon & byrne on wicklow st as far as i know

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

As regards the complications: you can set up some kind of secondary address on your credit card

Really? Have you tried this?
    I thought that in instances where US or UK sites insist that you send goods to the address registered on your card that they also insisted that your card be registered in a US/UK bank. It would be brilliant if there was a way around that. Has anyone else used Johnny Storms suggestion with success?

• Advertisement
Advertisement