Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Poets

Options
  • 01-06-2008 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

my teacher says i'm using too many pass poems in my sylvia plath essay so was just wondering which are the pass and which are higher level.

same with derek mahon. i always assumed it was how you responded that mattered, lol

Leaving Cert continues to baffle me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

my teacher says i'm using too many pass poems in my sylvia plath essay so was just wondering which are the pass and which are higher level.

same with derek mahon. i always assumed it was how you responded that mattered, lol

Leaving Cert continues to baffle me...

Pass and higher level poems? Never heard of that, sounds like bollocks. There's some poems that are more complex than others though, for example, with Derek Mahon I think you'd have to include "A Disused Shed in Co. Wexford", since it's one of his best known poems.
    For Plath, perhaps "Black Rook in Rainy Weather"?

Really though, I don't think it matters what poems you pick, as long as you answer the question and back up your answer and show your knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Samface

Grandfather, Antarctica and After the Titanic

Child and Bee Box

These are all pass poems, in my poetry book they are noted with an * in the contents.
    Also I really doubt Sylvia Plaith is coming up.

Advertisement