Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remapping??

Options
  • 19-08-2014 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi All

Seriously considering remapping my 03 Ducato - it just doesnt have the power in 5th gear to stay in cruise control when it hits an incline - and thats at 85ishKMH :eek:

Anybody done it? Is it worth it (cost vs benifit)? Where did you get it done

Were based in Wexford

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Malta1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Seriously considering remapping my 03 Ducato - it just doesnt have the power in 5th gear to stay in cruise control when it hits an incline - and thats at 85ishKMH :eek:

Anybody done it? Is it worth it (cost vs benifit)? Where did you get it done

Were based in Wexford

Cheers

Isn't yours a 7 berth monster? The 2.8jtd clutch is only rated for to 315nm so any map that will get you up a hill in 5th will likely exceed that substatially. Most of the remapping companies are offering 370nm to 410nm which is fine if you like changing your clutch every 20kkm.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

LOL.......its a 2.3L 6 berth

• Registered Users Posts: 39 glenmac

Great to be back at work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Joe Power , TDR performance . A scary genius and a gent .

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    Joe Power

Is that his real name lol

• Advertisement

Yep! Sounds almost too good to be true lol.

Cheers for the advice Aidan
    Spoke to Joe yesterday
    Having thought about it, Ive decided to go ahead and hopefully I will get the job done this weekend
    Will keep you posted

cheers , he has to do my car when I get a day off! Tell him Tristan recommended him to you , would you , please?

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    cheers , he has to do my car when I get a day off! Tell him Tristan recommended him to you , would you , please?

Already done :D

Hope you used my name , Aidan M M would mean nowt to him lol!

• Advertisement

of course I did........and his response was "I heard of him" ;)
    now I dont know if that was a good "I heard of him" or bad "I heard of him" :D

Plan is to do the van on Sat and I will report back when job done

Hi All

Well I got the van remapped on Sat and OMG (as the younger guys would say), the difference is amazing.
    Just to put it into perspective - at the Tallagh exit on the M50 (heading south) I brought the van up to 100KM/H and turned on cruise control. I had to take the van out of cruise control on a couple of occasions - heavy traffic and speed limits. Basically the van travelled from Tallagh Exit to Gorey in cruise.....pure bliss. Now admittidly the van wasnt loaded (water etc) but I felt that the van had loads to give even on the long drawn out inclines.

Previously there is no way that the van would have done this at even 80KM/H

I got the van done by Joe Power (http://www.chippedire.com). This is the guy that Aidan had recommended above. To say that he is a gentleman is a huge understatement

Malta1 wrote: »
    Hi All

Well I got the van remapped on Sat and OMG (as the younger guys would say), the difference is amazing.
    Just to put it into perspective - at the Tallagh exit on the M50 (heading south) I brought the van up to 100KM/H and turned on cruise control. I had to take the van out of cruise control on a couple of occasions - heavy traffic and speed limits. Basically the van travelled from Tallagh Exit to Gorey in cruise.....pure bliss. Now admittidly the van wasnt loaded (water etc) but I felt that the van had loads to give even on the long drawn out inclines.

Previously there is no way that the van would have done this at even 80KM/H

I got the van done by Joe Power (http://www.chippedire.com). This is the guy that Aidan had recommended above. To say that he is a gentleman is a huge understatement

Did they put it on the dyno or was it just download and drive away?

He took ECU out, "custom built/wrote" new install and re-installed ECU. I took van for drive through "challenging roads" and returned. Feedback given and the new install was "tweeked" accordingly.

Would I have been happy with the first configuration - yes I was but Joe reckoned based on my feedback that further adjustments were needed. Hence the 2nd removal of the ECU. To be fair to him, he wanted the procedure to be repeated after the 2nd update but I declined because it was only on open road that I was going to know how good it was. I chatted to Joe on Sunday to advise him that I was happy

Advertisement