Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods Etiquette & Mods Forum

Options
  • 06-04-2015 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭

Can someone confirm something for me, whatever is said in the mod forum is supposed to be kept confidential between mods and admins isn't it?

So a mod feeding a regular poster or banned boards member information mentioned in the mod forum would be going against the rules would they?

If I'm right of the above who do I contact in regards to a mod feeding someone information about what is discussed about certain posters etc in the forum?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Hi - yes what's said in the Mods only areas of the site should stay there. If you're aware of someone "leaking" information for lack of a better description, you should PM an admin or drop an email to the office on hello@boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

With 500(+) mods it's pretty stupid for anyone to expect a non-leaky situation tbh.

There are also multiple reasons how non-mods can be getting information other than someone purposely leaking it too. House shares, unsecure passwords, unsecure computers, spouses/partners of mods/CMods/Admins using their account etc.

You'd also need to consider whether or not the person purporting to be receiving the information isn't being malicious in their claims, if they've had a run in with a particular mod what's stopping them telling someone else that that mod is feeding them information in an effort to make that mod look bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Mourinho wrote: »
    ...who do I contact in regards to a mod feeding someone information about what is discussed about certain posters etc in the forum?

Send a PM to Dav.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Can someone confirm something for me, whatever is said in the mod forum is supposed to be kept confidential between mods and admins isn't it?

So a mod feeding a regular poster or banned boards member information mentioned in the mod forum would be going against the rules would they?
    Correct on both accounts.
    If I'm right of the above who do I contact in regards to a mod feeding someone information about what is discussed about certain posters etc in the forum?
    Mourinho, you could open a thread in the Admin Clinic. Only you, the admins and HQ will see it so you can talk privately there.
    With 500(+) mods it's pretty stupid for anyone to expect a non-leaky situation tbh.
    It would be if anyone thought that way, yes.
    You'd also need to consider whether or not the person purporting to be receiving the information isn't being malicious in their claims, if they've had a run in with a particular mod what's stopping them telling someone else that that mod is feeding them information in an effort to make that mod look bad.
    Obviously, each case is looked at individually with every possibility considered. This is very much an evidence gathering exercise as no decision can be made without it.

Do non-mods have access to the Admin Clinic?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,104 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Do non-mods have access to the Admin Clinic?

No.

Probably better for the OP to report such a matter in Help Desk then & the Admins can take it from there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Spear wrote: »
    No.
    Damn you, Spear, with you being right and all that....

FYI's the OP has made contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Thanks lads all I'll say is I'm talking to one of the Admins about it anyway, many thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just think of all the things the NSA does and talks about without disclosure, and multiply that by nine hundred thousand billion 9/11's. That's how mean we are in the mod forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,315 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Overheal wrote: »
    Just think of all the things the NSA does and talks about without disclosure, and multiply that by nine hundred thousand billion 9/11's. That's how mean we are in the mod forum.

Nine hundred thousand billion 9/11's? That's 736,363,636,363,636!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There are also multiple reasons how non-mods can be getting information other than someone purposely leaking it too. House shares, unsecure passwords, unsecure computers, spouses/partners of mods/CMods/Admins using their account etc.

Boards only uses HTTPS for the actual login, so once logged in all traffic is in the clear and can trivially be read using basic open source tools by anyone else on the public wifi you're using, or anyone who has the password to the home/work wifi you're using.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,893 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bad Horse wrote: »
    Nine hundred thousand billion 9/11's? That's 736,363,636,363,636!

Oh, I see you were off studying math when they built the ladder to heaven. la dee da.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

A leak???

I just want to make it clear that the money was just resting in my account, also I never knew that woman in that photograph. It must have been my long lost identical twin brother.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Holy hell, if the plebs get wind of all our devilish puns every time a new mod is appointed there'll be anarchy! Anarchy I tells ya!

Advertisement