Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me how many threads I've started.

Options
  • 15-04-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed lately every time I start a thread there's a few who feel compelled to tell me that I've actually started another thread with various unimaginative comments.
    Now personally I find it more amusing than annoying,but I've noticed it happening to others as well.I wouldn't like anybody to be discouraged by a few.

Purely as a heads up.Do with it or ignore it as you will.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Here
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=547922&threads=1&sort=newest

Select your name (profile)
    Select Statistics
    Select "Find all threads started by kneemos"

Showing 289 Results right now with forum name and count on left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I'm one of them and I suppose I should just ignore them but I guess I can't help myself..... I know it's after hours but you've made 19 threads in the last 1 month going by your profile in AH alone with stuff like 'Vampire Bites, do they hurt?', 'How does smell travel?' 'Do people with smaller heads have smaller brains?' or ones just titled 'What?' and 'Hunches' or 'Hats' and usually it's just one short line of text from you.

I find them bizarre and like I said I could just ignore them but........ WHY YOU DO IT SO OFTEN????!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm one of them and I suppose I should just ignore them but I guess I can't help myself..... I know it's after hours but you've made 19 threads in the last 1 month going by your profile in AH alone with stuff like 'Vampire Bites, do they hurt?', 'How does smell travel?' 'Do people with smaller heads have smaller brains?' or ones just titled 'What?' and 'Hunches' or 'Hats' and usually it's just one short line of text from you.

I find them bizarre and like I said I could just ignore them but........ WHY YOU DO IT SO OFTEN????!!!!

I'm sorry ,but that's genuinely hilarious.

I have to ask.

Do you have a small head?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

kneemos wrote: »
    Noticed lately every time I start a thread there's a few who feel compelled to tell me that I've actually started another thread with various unimaginative comments.
    Now personally I find it more amusing than annoying,but I've noticed it happening to others as well.I wouldn't like anybody to be discouraged by a few.

Purely as a heads up.Do with it or ignore it as you will.

Report the posts if you have an issue with them.

Or refrain from starting threads.

• Advertisement

Report the posts if you have an issue with them.

Or refrain from starting threads.

Maybe read the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I read the OP. You said that you found the comments amusing, but obviously still feel that such responses may be problematic to other posters.

Mods do not get to read every post in every forum. So, if you & others feel that such posts are problematic - it is best to report them so that they are brought to the attention of the mods.

I read the OP. You said that you found the comments amusing, but obviously still feel that such responses may be problematic to other posters.

Mods do not get to read every post in every forum. So, if you & others feel that such posts are problematic - it is best to report them so that they are brought to the attention of the mods.

Just have.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You're not doing yourself any favours.

humanji wrote: »
    You're not doing yourself any favours.

Just trying to be helpful.

Why would you say that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well your insulting reply to Canis Lupus and your condescending reply to The Hill Billy doesn't really come across as helpful.

humanji wrote: »
    Well your insulting reply to Canis Lupus and your condescending reply to The Hill Billy doesn't really come across as helpful.

Thought it was funny,Doubt Mr Lupus is very offended.
    If you want condescending look at Hill Billy's response.

My only concern is that some people might be put off by the inane comments and back seat modding coming from certain quarters,came here to bring it to the attention of the powers that be.
    If you want to make me out as the bad guy go ahead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

23 Feedback threads since September 2013 does seem excessive too, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I think this has served it's purpose...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement