Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod warning post#7005

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

mike65 wrote: »
    Players for the central and wide attacking positions next season could be

Suarez, Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho, Suso, Teixeira, Borini (plus Konoplyanaka and maybe one other esp if Alberto is on loan) which would be a very tasty mix of talents.

Ibe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

For next season Liverpool could have a good squad once the loan players come back given their experiences on loan.

Mignolet - (Reina)

Johnson - Flanagan - Kelly
    Skrtel - Toure
    Agger - Sakho - Ilori
    Enrique - (Cissokho)

Lucas - Gerrard
    Henderson - Allen
    Coutinho - Suso - Texieria
    Sterling - (Moses)

Suarez - Sturridge - Aspas - (Borini)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

slingerz wrote: »
    For next season Liverpool could have a good squad once the loan players come back given their experiences on loan.

Mignolet - (Reina)

Skrtel - Toure
    Agger - Sakho - Ilori
    Enrique - (Cissokho)

Lucas - Gerrard
    Henderson - Allen
    Sterling - (Moses)

hmm we still need additions in CM and FB positions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Mignolet - (Reina)

Skrtel - Toure
    Agger - Sakho - Ilori
    Enrique - (Cissokho)

Lucas - Gerrard
    Henderson - Allen
    Sterling - (Moses)

Wisdom and Robinson to come back aswell. I seriously doubt we will sign Moses permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭brevity

Does anyone think we'd have a shot of getting this fella Griezmann? Seems to be doing very well for himself at Real Sociedad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

If we hadnt got that late peno it would have been a rough night, both goals we conceeded, comical stuff , Toure and Skrtyl
    With Spurs playing so well I hope we can stop the errors at the back soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think it's time that some people realised that Sherwood isn't going to run Spurs into nothing. I said it 2 weeks ago that they were our only realistic challenger for 4th place, I stand by that, United and Everton are done. I'm actually fearing Adebayor at Anfield if we don't have Sakho back.

We just gotta keep winning, we are 3 points ahead with a far superior goal difference so effectively 4 and they still have to come here.
    I'll admit Im not that confident yet, we need to drag Arsenal into a 3/4th place battle as Spurs always choke against them.

Every game is a cup final but IMO we have 5 big games left Southampton/United away and Spurs/Chelsea/City at home. If we can win those 4th is ours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

brevity wrote: »
    Does anyone think we'd have a shot of getting this fella Griezmann? Seems to be doing very well for himself at Real Sociedad.

Finish in the top 4, he'd be a possibility and an incredible signing.
    Finish outside the top 4 and no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

4th is still a long way off. A lot of great work done, and a lot of hard work still left. A slip or two and it's all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

Reckon if Moses and Cissokho are cheap, then the club may look to bring them in as squad cover. I'm sure the club will want to prepare for the competitions that they may be in next season.

Centre Mid is an obvious area to improve as is the attacking wide area (Kono)

A lot will depend on the wages that some players are on whether they'll be moved or their competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,496 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Last night feels like we got away with it.

We really need to improve on our away form.

I am not saying we can't beat Spurs, City and Chelsea at home but probability may suggest we will drop points against at least one of them - need more away points to pick up the slack.

I feel terrible for Toure, was watching the game in Sinnots, christ I actually had to laugh at the OG, it was just gravity defying! I really like him generally and thought he was fine at the start of the season but I don't think we expected he would be required to play this many games. I hope Agger (as we usually hope) can stay injury free for a while.

Skrtel is blowing so hot and cold at the moment as well. Didn't like the way he seemed to blame Flanaghan for the goal last night - it was his poor attempt at a clearance.

EDIT: Gerrard and Sturridge were awesome. Whats happened to Suarez? I want that golden boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

noodler wrote: »
    Last night feels like we got away with it.

We really need to improve on our away form.

I am not saying we can't beat Spurs, City and Chelsea at home but probability may suggest we will drop points against at least one of them - need more away points to pick up the slack.

I feel terrible for Toure, was watching the game in Sinnots, christ I actually had to laugh at the OG, it was just gravity defying! I really like him generally and thought he was fine at the start of the season but I don't think we expected he would be required to play this many games. I hope Agger (as we usually hope) can stay injury free for a while.

Skrtel is blowing so hot and cold at the moment as well. Didn't like the way he seemed to blame Flanaghan for the goal last night - it was his poor attempt at a clearance.

EDIT: Gerrard and Sturridge were awesome. Whats happened to Suarez? I want that golden boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sturridge is his closest competition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Reckon if Moses and Cissokho are cheap, then the club may look to bring them in as squad cover. I'm sure the club will want to prepare for the competitions that they may be in next season.

Centre Mid is an obvious area to improve as is the attacking wide area (Kono)

A lot will depend on the wages that some players are on whether they'll be moved or their competition.

Not sure about Moses, but the pre-agreed purchase fee for Cissokho is meant to be 4 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Tusky wrote: »
    Sturridge is his closest competition!

Id say he wants the European golden boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Grayditch wrote: »
    4th is still a long way off. A lot of great work done, and a lot of hard work still left. A slip or two and it's all gone.

I think there will be slips by us, but looking at the teams below us it is difficult to see them not slipping at least as often as we do.

Everton are still my worry from the chasing pack. If they can get some of the injured players back, especially Lukaku, then their consistency will bother me further.

Spurs have a better squad than Everton, and are in a better position in the table, but there is something about Everton this year that has me wary of them putting together a string of good results as we head towards the end of the league campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stop panicking

Spurs are one injury from disaster - Ade (who has never been the most reliable anyway) they have to play EL games, they have to visit Anfield, plus play Arsenal, and Chelsea away. Thumping a team that has bunked off school early last night was no proof of anything other than how poor Newcastle are right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

What spurs need to do is offer adebayor a new contract so he goes back to his old ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think there will be slips by us, but looking at the teams below us it is difficult to see them not slipping at least as often as we do.

Everton are still my worry from the chasing pack. If they can get some of the injured players back, especially Lukaku, then their consistency will bother me further.

Spurs have a better squad than Everton, and are in a better position in the table, but there is something about Everton this year that has me wary of them putting together a string of good results as we head towards the end of the league campaign.

Everton only have a bad run of fixtures at the end of April start of May with a trip to Southampton sandwitched in between both Man Utd and Man City going to Goodison.

Well they also have Arsenal going to Goodison at the start of April

mike65 wrote: »
    Stop panicking

Spurs are one injury from disaster - Ade (who has never been the most reliable anyway) they have to play EL games, they have to visit Anfield, plus play Arsenal, and Chelsea away. Thumping a team that has bunked off school early last night was no proof of anything other than how poor Newcastle are right now.

No panic, people just calling it like it is. They're 3 points behind us and are winning games like us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

noodler wrote: »

Skrtl had told Flanagan to mark Richardson, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Grayditch wrote: »
    No panic, people just calling it like it is. They're 3 points behind us and are winning games like us.

They also have to go to Chelsea and have a trip to Anfield ahead of them (as well as a trip to West Brom who are taking points of all top teams at home this season -only City of top 4 have beaten them there). Plus their home form is the weakest of the top 6 (its as bad as Utds)

just to add our away form recently isnt that bad either last 6 we've lost 2 [City and Chelsea] but won 3 drawn 1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Pique wrote: »
    Skrtl had told Flanagan to mark Richardson, that's why.

Lack of communication between the two of them but flanagan was better placed to defend bent and skrtel richardson. Skrtel could see richardson face on and was not aware of what was behind him so it was a desperate attempt to remedy all situations when in fact he made the situation worse. If he glances over his shoulder before the ball comes in, he sees flanagan has got bent, thats all it takes.
    In saying all that Mignolet should have f*cking cleared out the lot of them. If ever there was a time to come and punch the ball away taking all and sundry with him it was then. Inside the 6 yard box, do a schmeichel on it and clear f*cking everything.

I have more faith since the last 2 games, but I'm not going to start thinking about 4th until Spurs actually do start messing up. That's just me. I'll enjoy the celebrations all the more if I don't start digging into the bag now. If we don't get ... then we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

2014 stats

Played 9 games (7 PL, 2 FA Cup)
    Won 7, drawn 2
    17 points, PPG 2.43, g/d +13.

Scored 26 goals, conceded 9 goals

Top scorers
    Sturridge 8
    Suarez 4
    Gerrard 4
    Sterling 2
    Skrtel 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Kolo Thore :o

2hqgfi1.jpg

Top 7 remaining fixtures minus the Man City and Evertons games that were called off last night

Saturday 22nd February 2014
    Chelsea v Everton
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    Man City v Stoke
    Crystal Palace v Man Utd
    Liverpool v Swansea
    Norwich v Tottenham

Saturday 1st March 2014
    Everton v West Ham
    Fulham v Chelsea
    Stoke v Arsenal
    Southampton v Liverpool

Sunday 2nd March 2014
    Tottenham v Cardiff

Saturday 8th March 2014
    West Brom v Man Utd
    Arsenal v Swansea
    Man City v Aston Villa
    Chelsea v Tottenham

Sunday 9th March 2014
    Newcastle v Everton

Monday 10th March 2014
    Liverpool v Sunderland

Saturday 15th March 2014
    Hull v Man City
    Everton v Cardiff
    Aston Villa v Chelsea

Sunday 16th March 2014
    Man Utd v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Arsenal

Saturday 22nd March 2014
    Chelsea v Arsenal
    Cardiff v Liverpool
    Everton v Swansea
    Man City v Fulham
    West Ham v Man Utd

Sunday 23rd March 2014
    Tottenham v Southampton

Tuesday 25th March 2014
    Man Utd v Man City

Saturday 29th March 2014
    Man Utd v Aston Villa
    Crystal Palace v Chelsea
    Arsenal v Man City

Sunday 30th March 2014
    Fulham v Everton
    Liverpool v Tottenham

Saturday 5th April 2014
    Chelsea v Stoke
    Everton v Arsenal
    Man City v Southampton
    Newcastle v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Sunderland
    West Ham v Liverpool

Saturday 12th April 2014
    Arsenal v West Ham
    Liverpool v Man City
    Man Utd v Hull
    Sunderland v Everton
    Swansea v Chelsea
    West Brom v Tottenham

Saturday 19th April 2014
    Chelsea v Sunderland
    Everton v Man Utd
    Hull v Arsenal
    Man City v West Brom
    Norwich v Liverpool
    Tottenham v Fulham

Saturday 26th April 2014
    Arsenal v Newcastle
    Crystal Palace v Man City
    Liverpool v Chelsea
    Man Utd v Norwich
    Southampton v Everton
    Stoke v Tottenham

Saturday 3rd May 2014
    Arsenal v West Brom
    Chelsea v Norwich
    Crystal Palace v Liverpool
    Everton v Man City
    Man Utd v Sunderland
    West Ham v Tottenham

Sunday 11th May 2014
    Cardiff v Chelsea
    Hull v Everton
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Man City v West Ham
    Norwich v Arsenal
    Southampton v Man Utd
    Tottenham v Aston Villa

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Top 7 remaining fixtures minus the Man City and Evertons games that were called off last night

I'd be forgetting about the crowd in 7th....mid-table sides have no place here ;):D

I'd be forgetting about the crowd in 7th....mid-table sides have no place here ;):D

But but if i left them out i would be called delusional :eek:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

The last 7 matches with the exception of Newcastle will be very tough

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement