Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Superthread 2013

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Heinze!

The biggest issue for me is that the Rooney news got out. I don't mind him privately questioning his future or saying it would be best he moves on.

But if Rooney or his people wanted the news out its really really bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Giddy up Paddy!!

BKFQoD1CIAEz3YE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Oh.

How can he want to leave after winning the league and the boss is gone, if he was the problem.

again though, he asked to leave before SAF announced he was going. he may go away and reconsider BUT the fact he has asked to leave us twice now is pretty unforgivable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Thing is it is unforgivable, he comes out says sorry I was frustrated I wasn't contributing as much as a I like I want to help this club win league and everyone loves him again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

article-2323305-19BE7E5E000005DC-509_306x477.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Cool to see Tim Cahill at Moyes last goodison game. Shows the respect he is held in, relationship he can have with the players and its a good sign for when he takes over United.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Cool finish by Sky,nice montage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sniff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

BKFYJAOCMAAdbW8.jpg:large

What a great day. Sad. But great to be celebrating.

Thanks Fergie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Neville says that he knows players who've left United, gone to Real Madrid and always want to come back...

Hmm, wonder who that could be :D

Probably Beckham tbh... Cant imagine Christiano and Gary are BFFs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Amazing day, champions again, the team doing it as they have done for the last quarter of a century. Thank you Sir Alex for everything, and bring on the new challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

New era starts now.

The future is Red! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Rafael's T shirt was pure class. Great player and class gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This is like the never ending season. Still seems mad we have another game left. Ha. There'll be another Fergie love in next weekend.

182773_578159048883317_1704943873_n.jpg

This is pure class..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Sir Alex said to the players to know what the jersey means to all of us fans and to never let themselves down. Rooney through actions has let the club down and must go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Rafael's T shirt was pure class. Great player and class gesture.
    Edit
    What was it?got it...sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

This is how I feel about the Rooney situation:

-If his mind can be changed, keep him and give him a new contract.

-If he still wants to go, sell him to a foreign side providing the transfer fee is at least £30m and not a penny less.

-He's not to be sold to Chelsea or City under any circumstances.

-Keep him if a deal can't be agreed with a foreign side, he has two years left on his contract and a lot can change in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Blatter wrote: »

-If he still wants to go, sell him to a foreign side providing the transfer fee is at least £30m and not a penny less.

-Keep him if a deal can't be agreed with a foreign side, he has two years left on his contract and a lot can change in a year.

If he's to get a new contract it should be a lot less than the 250k a week he gets now, knowing Rooney though, he will not agree to any reduction in wage.

Montroseee wrote: »
    If he's to get a new contract it should be a lot less than the 250k a week he gets now, knowing Rooney though, he will not agree to any reduction in wage.

I don't think he's getting £250k/week, read that it's around £180k which sounds more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

Instead of talking to the manger and try improve his game and work his way back into the main striker role, Rooney asks to leave again.

A few seasons ago he questioned the integrity of the clubs signings. We sign RVP and win the league.

He is not bigger than the club and I am happy to sell him now. First sign of any issues and he wants out.

Kagawa to shine next season if Rooney leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,514 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is the second time he has asked to leave. He doesn't deserve to stay at the club. Everything about today showed everyone the importance of MUFC.

Jog on Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

No point trying to keep rooney if his heart isn't in it. No player should be guarenteed a place on name alone. If he was in top form all season he would never be dropped but his form was patchy compared to what he could do.

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    This is the second time he has asked to leave. He doesn't deserve to stay at the club. Everything about today showed everyone the importance of MUFC.

Jog on Wayne Rooney.

I said he's to be sold if he still wants to leave in the Summer. But only to a foreign club and at the right price.

Why, would you sell him to City or Chelsea with 2 years left on his deal? I think it'd be crazy for the club to even consider doing that, the repercussions could be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8708780/paul-scholes-the-interview

No doubt he's a football genius... but I'ver never seen someone to remind me more of Karl Pilkington

Yeah, Rooney is a very good player to let go. You can understand from his point also, he was first name on the team sheet for years and now he was dropped from few big games and also was subbed off many times. It will make player like him to make some rash decisions. Neville said Rooney is very emotional lad and makes these decisions when things are not going for him.

I for one wouldn't be sad if we sell him to foreign league and also won't jump on his back if he signs contract and continues to play like he did all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Montroseee wrote: »
    Sir Alex said to the players to know what the jersey means to all of us fans and to never let themselves down. Rooney through actions has let the club down and must go.

The annoying thing is that Moyes might be afraid to sell in case the fans turn against him. Hope he's stronger than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think Rooney will stay, I think Moyes will want him to stay.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I do think that the reason United and Fergie have leaked the whole Rooney transfer story is that Moyes has told them he plans on getting rid of him, and they want the fans on Moyes side, as opposed to having people getting on Moyes case cause his first managerial decision was to out Rooney...

• Advertisement

I said he's to be sold if he still wants to leave in the Summer. But only to a foreign club and at the right price.

Why, would you sell him to City or Chelsea with 2 years left on his deal? I think it'd be crazy for the club to even consider doing that, the repercussions could be massive.

Fair point. It's obvious his heart is not at United anymore so why try to keep him. Other players lining up to die for the crest.

I think United would try and ensure if we sold him, the repercussions would be limited. Remember Heinze move blocked to Liverpool

Could you imagine some sort of a deal with Spurs with Bale? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Neville says that he knows players who've left United, gone to Real Madrid and always want to come back...

Hmm, wonder who that could be :D

Em, Beckham

Post match interview with Rooney transfer mention.

Captain Vida..

iV7dVcBlRainq.gif

Captain Vida..

iV7dVcBlRainq.gif

I spotted that at the time. You'd swear the game was in extra time in the Champions League Final the way he was trying to clear that ball.

Pure Class

I do think that the reason United and Fergie have leaked the whole Rooney transfer story is that Moyes has told them he plans on getting rid of him, and they want the fans on Moyes side, as opposed to having people getting on Moyes case cause his first managerial decision was to out Rooney...

No, I'd be astonished if that was the case. Moyes wouldn't be demanding that Rooney be sold before he's in the job.

I spotted that at the time. You'd swear the game was in extra time in the Champions League Final the way he was trying to clear that ball.

Pure Class

His bravery is second to none. What a difference he makes to our defense. With Vidic we look so much solid and very good defensive unit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He coulda bin killed!

Pure Class

paddlin_zps9559ec62.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Very disappointed with Rooney. I think two requests in three years is a show that he doesn't want to play here. If a lesser player handed in one requests he'd be kicked out at the first chance. I think if a decent offer comes in sell him. He's clearly not happy but ill accept whatever decision David Moyes makes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

ibfcVUx5FQxyXM.gif

Can we get this edited into the original post please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,947 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Can we get this edited into the original post please?

Done! :cool:

Ah Pj! That pic of Fergie heading towards the tunnel had me blubbering a little.

I somehow managed to keep myself together in the pub though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Thanks for the goals and assists Wayne but time to go, No one is bigger than the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

No point in abusing him.(Seen him get plenty on Twitter)If he wants to leave that's up to him.In this case it is he who is lacking ambition not the club.Funny how times change isn't it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Very disappointed with Rooney. I think two requests in three years is a show that he doesn't want to play here.
    You think...?

I always liked Rooney for what he gave on the pitch and while not the explosive talent he once was he still offers the team a great deal, the stats show that. But yeah I wouldn't care if he went now, get no joy from watching him play anymore. Getting the money for him is another story though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

MLYPUrp.jpg

Yeah, really no point in abusing Rooney. He wants to leave? So what. He has given 9 years of his services and has done great job. Won PL 5 times and a CL. 4th top goal scorer in ManUtd history.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭barry194

Fergie will forever be a United legend and one of my heroes. Such an emotional speech along with Scholesy retiring.

Anyway, David Moyes' Red Army!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Very sad to see fergie go... What an absolite legend he leaves to spend time with his wife after she loses her sister I have nothing but respect for you Alex... I had a lump in throat watching the last interview... Days like today send messages to all other clubs saying ya ain't got nothin...

UNIIIIIIITED!!!!!!!!

Proud as punch with our mighty club!!!

And Rooney twice in three years?? Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Yeah, really no point in abusing Rooney. He wants to leave? So what. He has given 9 years of his services and has done great job. Won PL 5 times and a CL. 4th top goal scorer in ManUtd history.

Deserves his fair share of abuse imo. Clearly a bullshìt excuse the last time around with the "lack of ambition" thing.
    Clearly not giving his all this season and unfit at the start. All this on obscene wages is an insult to fans of MUFC.
    All my opinion of course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement