Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Kinsale from Cork

Options
  • 21-07-2013 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I am coming to Cork in August, and wanted to go out to visit a relative in Kinsale for a weekend, but am not sure how to get there with luggage in tow. I know that the 226 bus goes there from Parnell Place, and since it stops at the airport I assume luggage is OK to bring? Also, how does paying for the bus work in Cork? Do you pre-buy a ticket or is it like a city bus in London that you pay as you get on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

cara22 wrote: »
    Hi, I am coming to Cork in August, and wanted to go out to visit a relative in Kinsale for a weekend, but am not sure how to get there with luggage in tow. I know that the 226 bus goes there from Parnell Place, and since it stops at the airport I assume luggage is OK to bring? Also, how does paying for the bus work in Cork? Do you pre-buy a ticket or is it like a city bus in London that you pay as you get on?
    The bus should take your luggage and if boarding at the Bus Station in Cork you will probably have to buy your ticket in the station before boarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The coaches do have luggage space on board.

You can buy a ticket at Parnell Place Bus Station, or save 5% by buying your ticket online at www.buseireann.ie

Advertisement