Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a ticket on board train

Options
  • 19-07-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

As far as I was aware, you had to have a valid ticket in order to board a train. I might have to take a train from Enfield over the weekend which acc to the CIE website is unmanned and doesn't have a ticket machine, so I rang CIE to see what my options were as I wont have internet access to book a ticket. The girl said I could buy a ticket on board or at the station I would be getting off at but when I asked for clarification or full confirmation, she hesitated, put me on hold and left me waiting about 10 mins before I hung up. I didn't think it was allowed to board without a valid ticket....

Not for first time but might get better info on here, and quicker too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You are not allowed to board a train without a ticket unless there is no means to purchase a ticket at the station which you are boarding at.

That is the basic rule.

So boarding at Enfield, if there is no booking office or ticket machine, you pay the ticket checker or at the destination station.

Advertisement