Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which carriage is at the back? Cork-Dublin

Options
  • 15-07-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm (still) in process of booking train tickets to/from Dublin. Need to ensure that herself is facing forward for both directions. When booking tickets online, is carriage A at the back of train or front? I assume it changes for each direction - is it standardised?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

If it's the two of you, could you book tickets facing either way, and she can take the forward facing one? Assuming you don't mind facing backwards and sitting across form each other.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If it's the two of you, could you book tickets facing either way, and she can take the forward facing one? Assuming you don't mind facing backwards and sitting across form each other.

Funny, someone at work sent me IM with nearly this word-for-word. Unfortunately she's travelling on own. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_faq.jsp?i=4222&ci=1&caID=63&pc=1&gc=63&p=115&n=130

There are details but if you book a service that isn't mark 4 operated then you won't know.

The above does not apply to the following services.
    6.00, 11.30, 12.30, 16.20, 19.20 - from Cork, Fridays and Weekends vary.
    8.00, 9.00, 11.00, 15.00, 21.00 - from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,356 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_faq.jsp?i=4222&ci=1&caID=63&pc=1&gc=63&p=115&n=130

There are details but if you book a service that isn't mark 4 operated then you won't know.

The above does not apply to the following services.
    6.00, 11.30, 12.30, 16.20, 19.20 - from Cork, Fridays and Weekends vary.
    8.00, 9.00, 11.00, 15.00, 21.00 - from Dublin

Ledge bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

dulpit wrote: »
    Ledge bag!

That list is fairly out of date, there's a lot more services being operated by 22ks at the moment, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

LeftBlank wrote: »
    That list is fairly out of date, there's a lot more services being operated by 22ks at the moment, I think.

Incorrect.

The only trains missing from the list of ICR operated services are the 16:00 from Dublin and 18:20 from Cork.

The majority of trains are still Mark 4 operated.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭topnotch

For Mk4 carriages i normally book seat c41/42 when travelling northbound and c63/64 when travelling southbound and have found them best when travelling alone based on travel direction and window position.

Advertisement