Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Threading

• 19-08-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭coralcathy

Just my face threaded ..................fantastic............

Painful yes but results are great.

Is there anywhere in the West of Ireland that does it.

Waxing doesnt even come near threading IMO.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Where did you get it done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

What's this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It's where they use a piece of thread (not unlike sewing thread) tied into a circle then twisted between their hands to pull out the hair. The results are much better than waxing in my experience.

No idea of anywhere that does it in the West tho....sorry :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

I think 5th Avenue in Lisoban (on the Tuam Road in Galway) do threading.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

I think you're right about Liosbán and 5th Avenue.

I got my eyebrows threaded in America and I thought it was god-awfully sore AND grew back way quicker than waxing. The painful memories... I usually get em waxed and don't find it painful anymore.

So did I just get a bad job, or is it better than waxing?

• Advertisement

people wax their eyebrows? seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

They do indeed, I think the waxers have templates that they put over the brows and then wax around those, making that really defined under-brow shape. Or tadpoles in cases gone wrong.

I don't really see the point. Most people don't need to do more than just tidy up their brow lines a bit, and fifteen minutes with a brow brush and a decent tweezer will do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Waxing your eyebrows is really bad for causing wrinkles. Most beautician courses don't teach it anymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I had mine threaded about 6 weeks ago. She did a great job and they lasted a good while but it was a bit painful. I'll be heading back to the waxing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

I've wanted to try it for ages - does anybody know where I can get it done in Dublin? Thx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pangaea in Sutton do it.

www.pangaeaspa.com

Advertisement