Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Do It. Some advice from and lc survivor

Options
  • 18-04-2006 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

hey I was in your position last year. The lc is an awful experience but once easter is over you wont know where the hours are goin. Everyone gets through it. Study like a maniac. Your competing with every other single lc student in the country. Set yourself a realistic points target and strive to beat it. My target was 420 and I got 425. Even if you havent done as much study as you woud have like to by now, dont worry you still have many weeks and the amount of work you get done the 1-2 weeks before the exams begin is unreal. Thats the time when you really study hard.
    Knuckle down from now on and time will fly by. Think of when you seal your last answer book, hand it to the supervisor, push in your chair and walk out into the summer air. It feels like yesterday i did that and now im nearly finished my first yr in ucd. it's the best feeling you will ever experience, knowing that its over.I know its hard but as Nike rightly states "Just Do it."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I repeated last year and went up from 360 to 420. Spent most of the exams cramming what I thought was going to come up and making up the rest. The trick is knowing how to answer the questions and get the points. Its not so bad and once your done enjoy your summer because its off to college and college examsi havnt started to study for and essays that are worth so much and are so late. I wish I were doing the leaving cert again:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

hey grimes, are u in 1st arts by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I am indeedy. ???

Advertisement