Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting Predictions!

Options
  • 08-04-2006 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I think the accounting paper will be-

Q1-Departmental

Section A- 60markers
    Reval
    Incomplete(Last came up in 1996)
    Published Accounts

SectionB
    Ratios-Q5(Guranteed)
    Tabular Statements(plus provision for bad debts!)
    Cash-Flow(including Liquid Resources!!!)

Section C
    Q8- CVP(marg costing) including break even chart!)
    q9- Cash Budgeting

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

Departmental accounts will not come up as question 1.Its most likely yo be sole trader.
    Published accounts are very unlikely to come up as well since they came up last year

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think Q1 will most likely be a company. Go back through the papers a pattern is prevalent. Though I'm too lazy to back that up with proof,

Slurms wrote:
    I think Q1 will most likely be a company. Go back through the papers a pattern is prevalent. Though I'm too lazy to back that up with proof,
    Yep,there is a pattern,I couldn't remember if it was company or sole trader since I was too lazy to go upstairs and get my exam papers to check it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I don't think they'll bring both Cash Flow statement and Ta Statement back into the 100 mark questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

why do you guys say question 8 will be marginal costing

• Advertisement

NADA wrote:
    why do you guys say question 8 will be marginal costing
    Because the Section C follows a very obvious pattern,and its marginal costings turn to come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

the section b you predicted is the same as the one ive predicted.
    As long as question 1 does not include a manufacturing(which I dont think it will)...it will be fine
    question 8 im guessing........product costing

brianfiel wrote:

Q1-Departmental

what do you mean by departmental?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

What's a "Departmental account"??? :confused:

What's a "Departmental account"??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

brianfiel wrote:
    Q1-Departmental

dont be mental, never came up before, will never come up

sole trader

or maybe company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

If departmental accounts come up I will have a nervous breakdown in the exam hall. Seriously. And probably kill someone.
    They can't come up!!!
    Anyway I have a feeling Correction of errors is going to come up in section 2 or maybe cashflows.

Faerie wrote:
    If departmental accounts come up I will have a nervous breakdown in the exam hall. Seriously. And probably kill someone.
    They can't come up!!!
    Anyway I have a feeling Correction of errors is going to come up in section 2 or maybe cashflows.

For section 1 I am going to be ready to do Sole Trader, Company and if they don't come up the the topics the come up in q2 q3 and q4 ( revaluation looks likely imo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭belinea06

ive made predictions based on the patterns of previous years although they might not keep the pattern up. hopefully they will

1. Company a/cs
    2. revaluation
    3.tabular
    4. publish/ suspense / cash flow
    5. interpretation
    6. club
    7. publish/ suspense / cash flow
    8. stock and product costing
    9. cash budgeting

for q4 and q7 im not sure but theyll either come up in section 1 or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 brianfiel

club is definitely on the exam as it has come up every even year since 1976
    2004(100 mark) so i guess it will come up as a 60 marker.

Published is also on exam i reckon as every time it hase come up as a 100 marker the next year it has come up as a 60 marker.

Also if ye didnt know Christy Tyrell writes the exam!!!!!!!

so go get his book!!!!

i really fancy incomplete 60 marker.

it hasnt come up since 1996

Farm 100 marker too on the dept sample paper!!!!!!!! and theory!!!!!!!!!

brianfiel wrote:
    club is definitely on the exam as it has come up every even year since 1976
    2004(100 mark) so i guess it will come up as a 60 marker.

Published is also on exam i reckon as every time it hase come up as a 100 marker the next year it has come up as a 60 marker.

Also if ye didnt know Christy Tyrell writes the exam!!!!!!!

so go get his book!!!!
    Published accounts come up every 2 or 3 years not every year..its extrelmy unlikely we will get them.

Club accounts don't come up every year either..but they do come up often.I think youre confusing them with interpretation of aco***** which have come up every single year.

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Published accounts come up every 2 or 3 years not every year..its extrelmy unlikely we will get them.

Club accounts don't come up every year either..but they do come up often.I think youre confusing them with interpretation of aco***** which have come up every single year.

Are u blind !!!

i didnt say they come up every year!!!!!!!

i said club acs hace come up every even year since 1976.

Also i said every time published has come up as a 100 marker it has come up the following year as a 60marker.

Get ur facts straight !!!

belinea06 wrote:
    ive made predictions based on the patterns of previous years although they might not keep the pattern up. hopefully they will

1. Company a/cs
    2. revaluation
    3.tabular
    4. publish/ suspense / cash flow
    5. interpretation
    6. club
    7. publish/ suspense / cash flow
    8. stock and product costing
    9. cash budgeting

for q4 and q7 im not sure but theyll either come up in section 1 or 2

I would havehad q8 down as marginal costing as it's that every second year :confused:

I doubt published for a 100marker as it came up last year too. Also I'm worried about what sort of wierd things they could do to the paper as apparently from last year on, they have some new guy in, hence all the theory last year.

Are farms accounts difficult? We've never bothered doing them as the teachers doubt they'll ever come up. Does anyone know where to get a copy of the DE sample paper?

Rob30888 wrote:
    I would havehad q8 down as marginal costing as it's that every second year :confused:

I doubt published for a 100marker as it came up last year too. Also I'm worried about what sort of wierd things they could do to the paper as apparently from last year on, they have some new guy in, hence all the theory last year.

Are farms accounts difficult? We've never bothered doing them as the teachers doubt they'll ever come up. Does anyone know where to get a copy of the DE sample paper?

I can email t

• Advertisement

brianfiel wrote:
    I can email it
    could i get you to email it to me aswell please....fatal0hussein@30gigs.com
    thanks;)

Rob30888 wrote:

I'd have marginal costing down as a gaurenteed question as well.

Farm accounts are not much different from club accounts,theyre sort of like a bit of departmental accounts mixed into your club accounts instead of regular P/L A/C 's,they only came up in 96 I think..But I have no idea where you'll get a solution from that far back

brianfiel wrote:
    I can email t

Yes please :Dr_guckian@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Advertisement