Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangin, stompin, filthy, rinsing...

Options
  • 08-11-2011 10:15pm
    Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭

Are various words you hear about the place over the years, the latter in the thread title being much more recent and well after my time! I can only remember a few from 'bitd' really... so what are the other words used these days and over the years to describe clubbing, raves and the general scene?

A few I remember -

Stompin = a heavy track, something you can really dance to
    Givin it socks = as above really, getting stuck into a track
    Bangin = again, as above
    Caning = presumably the oldskool version of 'rinsing' which I only recenly read in another thread which in turn inspired this one...

Thats all I can think of right now but I assume there are many more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

madouvit = self explanatory
    skaggin = as above

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah there were a few variations of words to explain being off your head alright, another was 'off your bonce' or 'off your mallet'.

I remember a mate of mine used to fckin shout 'yabba-dabba-doo' when he was off his head, regardless of being equally off my own head I kept a good distance so as not to appear to know him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

there are too many of the 'off your...' variety, which are more than popular these days:

Off your game
    Off your rocker
    Off your face
    Off your nut
    Off your trolley
    Off your tits
    and so on....

and others like:

Binned
    Wired
    Muntered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Mister Dread

Where are the geriatrics? Lets fookin av' ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭cheesemaker

Rinsed means a record has been played to death - "Man with the red face has been rinsed"

The hand movement of playing records is similar to washing dishes... apparently.
    Do that action enough times and the record is rinsed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭francois

munted-self explanatory

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I know nothing about any of these things. In my day we sang songs around the campfire and perhaps shared an appreciative nod if the version of Kumbaya was particularly good. We may have ocasionally opened a bottle of wine between 10 of us if it was a holy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

record shop customer : "So what's the difference between Dirty House and Filthy House?"

dude behind the counter : "About three days usually"

Advertisement