Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Albums

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭ianuss

the 'Do Androids.....' one

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

ianuss wrote: »
    the 'Do Androids.....' one

Oh right, sorry! Must be the half bottle of wine on a Wednesday night - have to get out of that habit :pac:

It was a great mix but we'll see if it stand the test of time since I first got it.

Oh right, sorry! Must be the half bottle of wine on a Wednesday night

n39458585728_3750.jpg

I've got alzheimers, but at least I haven't got alzheimers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

James Holden is set to release his DJ Kicks album soon, June to be precise. Im a fan of him, he's one of those DJs who could play just aboug anything, from 8-bit to techno to indie.... I seen him a few years ago in Spy, great gig it was. He's playing Cork on the 28th of May, but no Dublin date. I think ill head down to it, I'd be kicking myself if I missed him.

james-holden-dj-kicks.jpg

Tracklist
    01. Piano Magic - Wintersport / Cross-Country
    02. Grackle - Disco (Musiccargo Remix)
    03. Mordant Music - Olde Wobbly
    04. Maserati - No More Sages
    05. Caribou - Lemon Yoghourt
    06. Luke Abbott - Soft Attacks
    07. Mogwai - The Sun Smells Too Loud (Holden Remix)
    08. Kieran Hebden / Steve Reid - Departure
    09. Ursula Bogner - Punkte
    10. Eric Copeland - Auto Dimmer
    11. Mit - Rauch (Luke Abbott Remix)
    12. ARP - Potentialities
    13. Lucky Dragons - Open Melody
    14. Holden - Triangle Folds (DJ-KiCKS)
    15. James Ruskin - Definition Of
    16. Legowelt - Flight Of The Jupiter
    17. Walls - Gaberdine
    18. Lukas Nystrand - Never Fail (Vocal)
    19. Didier Pacquette - Arwen, Namarie
    20. SS Pyramid Snake - Catacomb City

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Faithless ' new album is pretty decent and comes recommended, best they've produced in recent years IMO.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/may/20/faithless-the-dance-cd-review

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Ah Zascar, look what you've started!
    Jean F. Cochois aka The Timewriter is one of my all time heros, well, since 1998 when I first heard his "Jigsaw Pieces" lp. I'm serious when I say this but everything he's ever done is outstanding and "Tiefenschon" is no exception. He produces house music that depending on the track is either/and/or really infectious, emotional, soulful but is produced to the highest standards and most importantly to me, will last the test of time. He is, in my opinion, one of the unsung greats of house music.

I'd highly recommend for starters

"Soulstickers" LP
    http://www.discogs.com/Timewriter-Soulstickers/master/64099

and

"Jigsaw Pieces" LP
    http://www.discogs.com/Timewriter-Jigsaw-Pieces/master/95494

Check out some of his other releases here:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Timewriter%2C+The

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Jean+F.+Cochois

Zascar wrote: »
    Since we have a few other similar threads I thought it would be a good idea to share any new albums that come out that we like etc. Make sure to add info like links & genre etc

---

Just got this the other day and I have to say it's fantastic. Just came out a few weeks ago on plastic city, got some really nice dancefloor friendly tracks - I had it on as background music when i had some friends over and everyone really liked it.

Timewriter - Tiefenschon
    timewriter-tiefenschon.jpg

http://www.discogs.com/Timewriter-Ti...elease/2200202
    http://www.juno.co.uk/products/Tiefe...ERY/384758-01/
    Genre: House, Deep House

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

james-holden-dj-kicks.jpg

You don't like scenesters eh?! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Relax, relax. I've found the BBQ album of the summer. It's quite alright

Think DJ Shadow doing a funk album. Very well constructed as an album itself; you can just leave it on and each track melds into the other.

http://www.whatpeopleplay.com/artistdetails/null/id/19235

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

Oh, and Lauhaus' new album. Deep house with a bit of a sexy latin tinge. Would strip the habit off a nun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

garthv wrote: »
    Gotta agree with the Bonobo album,

Best piece of music I've ever heard!

Bold statement.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Josh Wink - When a banana was just a banana
    https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/215875/when_a_banana_was_just_a_banana_remixed_and_peeled?trackId=1071889#app=a207&a486-index=0
    I have not even got it yet but just from listening to the clips, sounds like a cracker!

I bought Martin Buttrich's new album the other day, listened to it once, wasnt impressed except one song... and I cant find it on youtube. Its called 'Someone else is already taken'

Just picked up Pezzner's album - The Tracks Are Alive.

Awesome! I've only listened to it twice but it's wicked, I love it straight off the bat!!! This is gonna be on repeat play for weeks I reckon..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

I bought Martin Buttrich's new album the other day, listened to it once, wasnt impressed except one song... and I cant find it on youtube. Its called 'Someone else is already taken'

yeah bought it a few weeks back and really it's the most dissappointing album ever.

His stuff always had such intricate depth and heaviness and this album seems devoid of any great ideas. complete style over substance. In fact that should be the album title.

This is the best mix album of 2010 IMO, highly recommended if your into Soulful/Funky House.

Inside My Soul DJ Mix (Mixed And Compiled By DJ Le Roi) (2010)
    inside_my_soul.jpgArtist: VA
    Title: Inside My Soul DJ Mix (Mixed And Compiled By DJ Le Roi)
    Label: MN2S
    Cat #: MN2S096B
    Release Date: 31-05-2010
    Genre: House
    Tracks: Mixed CD
    Playing Time: 94:40 min
    Size: 217 MB

Don't know how I missed this release but found it now and ordered so all good...

DeepChord presents Echospace - Liumin
    *Initial copies come with a bonus CD featuring 80 minutes of field recorded treatments made by Modell in Tokyo* 'Deepchord Presents Echospace' is the collaborative project of Rod Modell and Steve Hitchell, two veteran producers based in Chicago and Detroit, now returning for a second full album for the Modern Love label. In the years that have passed since their last album both artists have been busy with numerous projects, developing their own Echospace imprint and recording under a number of different guises. Modell in particular has developed his longstanding fascination with location recordings, and some made in Tokyo over the last couple of years provided the source material for what would eventually become this new album. Indeed, a bonus CD that comes with the first pressing of the CD features 80 minutes of these original field recordings. Although the vapor trails of dub still colour the essence of much of this new material, 'Liumin' is an altogether more 'destroyed' experience than its predecessor, opening with the washed-out, beatless sequence of 'In Echospace', a track that somehow manages to harness the disorientating experience of being a stranger in a strange land, with only the flickering glow of neon lights for company. The album unfurls with stretches of immersive techno and low-end treatments compressed with a growling, unstable focus that's in turn oppressive and soothing, re-creating the uniquely ambiguous euphoria/narcosis that comes with extended sleep deprivation. It's an effect that's perhaps encapsulated best on 'BCN Dub', a heaving warehouse thump that's entwined with shortwave radio transmissions bringing to life a disembodied horn-section from deep in the ether. There may well be some connection to dub lurking deep in the foggy mists of these recordings - but 'Liumin' inhabits far more opaque and unsettling terrain to anything you may have heard from both this project, or any of its many imitators. Highly Recommended.
    http://boomkat.com/cds/312981-deepchord-presents-echospace-liumin-liumin-reduced

Listening to some of the tracks on youtube give a sense of 'more of the same' but in a very good way, can't wait for this to arrive.

Burnt Flake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Reboot - Shunyata
    Emptiness isn’t a quality you normally associate with electronic dance music. From the crowd on the associate with electronic dance music. From the crowd on the dancefloor to the weight of the bass, it’s all about fullness, volume, density. Reboot turns that opposition on its head with his debut album, Shunyata. The title comes from Buddhism and translates loosely as “emptiness.” But not just in the negative sense: it speaks also to impermanence, a state of constant flux.
    It’s a great description of Reboot’s music, where everything is in constant and kaleidoscopic motion. And it’s also a fitting metaphor for the life of the Frankfurt-based musician, aka Frank Heinrich.

Shunyata is very much an album: its long, undulating lines and morphological structures reward deep,repeated listening. They’re puzzles that can’t be solved by themselves, but only by gathering clues from across the recording. At the same time, though, this is visceral, immediate music, crafted by a musician that understands the needs of the dance floor as it really exists—not as some abstract form, but as a living thing, a shifting configuration of bodies and souls that never plays out the same way twice.
    Bought this today, cracker of an album.Could stick it on any time and it would sounds perfect.

Picked up the new-ish Trentemoller album yesterday and loving it... a pretty big move from his 'The Last Resort' album in that this one is quite shoegaze/indie but still electronic rooted though.

Discogs ratings have it just under 4 out of 5 which almost put me off, 2 or 3 listens and I give it a big 5 out of 5!

http://www.discogs.com/Trentemøller-Into-The-Great-Wide-Yonder/master/251284

Trentemoller - Silver Surfer, Ghost Rider Go!!!

Trentemøller - The Mash And The Fury

Trentemøller - Shades Of Marble

Edit - just to add actually, there are a lot of similarities to The Last Resort musically, lots of real instruments used....

He's playing a live show in Tripod in October. I seen him there in 2007 and he was immense, one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Last time I checked, ticketmaster was selling early bird tickets for €20.

• Advertisement

He's playing a live show in Tripod in October. I seen him there in 2007 and he was immense, one of the best gigs i've ever been to. Last time I checked, ticketmaster was selling early bird tickets for €20.

Cool, I'll have to try get to that so, loved his first album too so can imagine it was a good gig in 07.

New album from Shed due on the 30th August, one to look forward to.
    Rene Pawlowitz, AKA Shed, will release his next album this August on Ostgut Ton.

The Traveller will follow up Pawlowitz's acclaimed debut full-length, Shedding The Past, RA's favorite of 2008. Since then, the Berlin-based producer has released a steady stream of 12-inches under his various pseudonyms—EQD, WAX and most recently The Panamax Project—plus a collaborative EP with Marcel Dettmann as Deuce. According to a press release, The Traveller boasts the same respect for early '90s techno that made Shedding the Past distinctive, including flirtations with breakbeat and acid house. The album will be available digitally as well as on CD and double-vinyl.

Tracklist
    01. STP 2
    02. Keep Time
    03. The Bot
    04. Atmo - Action
    05. 44A (Hard Wax forever!)
    06. ...Can't Feel It
    07. Mayday
    08. No Way!
    09. HDRTM
    10. My R-Class
    11. Final Experiment
    12. The Traveller
    13. Hello Bleep!
    14. Leave Things

Ostgut Ton will release The Traveller on August 30th, 2010.
    http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=12407

Picked up 'Environments 3' by FSOL last week, another great installment to the series and lots of FSOL moments of old such as the track below.

http://www.discogs.com/Future-Sound-Of-London-Environments-3/master/251758

The Future Sound Of London - The Empty Land

Also, 'Neptunes Lair' by Drexciya has been reissued on Tresor... its been expensive-ish for the last while as it was out of print for a few years. Picked up my copy in Tower Records but I see it on amazon pretty cheap.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neptunes-Lair-Drexciya/dp/B003JL80O0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1282991875&sr=8-1

http://www.discogs.com/Drexciya-Neptunes-Lair/master/535

Drexciya - Andreaen Sand Dunes

Drexciya - Triangular Hydrogen Strain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Have been listening to this more or less constantly since the weekend. I know it's a mix album - but I think it's worth a mention in this thread. I'm a big Minilogue fan, and this showcases a lot of their stuff:

Sebastian Mullaert aka Minilogue* - WaWuWe
    Mule electronic proudly announce the first mix cd of Minilogue (Sebastian Mullaert)!! Fantastic swedish duo "Minilogue" have released from highly acclaimed labels like Cocoon, Wagon Repair, Mule Electronic and they became one of the best techno artists in the world. You know Minilogue have two faces: dance oriented music and ambient music. Sebastian Mullaert (he is in charge of djing on Minilogue) show the moody and slower side at cd1 and his peak time selection at cd2. Sebastian put many exclusive new songs of Minilogue,first solo production of himself and first collaboration track of Minilogue and Koss. Single cut of Minilogue and Sebastian solo will be released at the same time with the mix cd. Now Minilogue and Koss are working for more music and maybe we can expect their collaboration album in 2011. This mix cd is live mix without computer. The seemless computer mix is sometimes good for home listening but live mix definitely have more soul and emotion. CD1 kicks off by Sebastian's own track and he mixed his favorite psychedelic ambient house like new release of Donato Dozzy on Mule or his friend "Kab" and "The Mole". CD2 is faster and bit pumping and clubby sounding like a Minilogue's dance track. This mix cd is a long awaited and Minilogue's first mix cd and included the first Sebastian Mullaert solo production and long awaited new Minilogue stuff. Other exclusive material on this mix cd will be released on Mule Electronic after the mix cd is released.

http://www.discogs.com/Sebastian-Mullaert-aka-Minilogue-WaWuWe/release/2428916

CD 1

01 Sebastian Mullaert – Lyssna Da Björkarna Viskar!
    02 Claudio Fabrianesi & Donato Dozzy – Fade Out
    03 Leftover – Release
    04 Roger Gerressen – When We were Young
    05 KAB – Social Events
    06 The Mole – Bounty Hunter
    07 El Txef A – She Kissed Me First (Minilogue Ghoest Disco)
    08 Sebastian Mullaert – Music Becomes A Function
    09 STL – Silent State
    10 Darko Esser – Balans
    11 Minilogue – Jakata B
    12 Black Jazz Consortium – Something Old
    13 Koss vs Minilogue – One
    14 Minilogue – Tzymbals
    15 Gunnar Jonsson – Massagerutin 1

CD 2

01 The Machine – Fuse (Ame Remix)
    02 Joe Claussell – Je Ka Jo (Drums Of Passion)
    03 Oleg Poliakov – Midnight Vultures
    04 Jerome sydenham & Dennis Ferrer – Jero (Extended)
    05 Minilogue – Intermediate State
    06 Rejected – Lost
    07 Sebastian Mullaert – Falling From Flowers
    08 Cobblestone Jazz – Chance Dub
    09 Mike Dehnert – Umlaut2 (First Version)
    10 Marlon D – Trust The Drum (Agry Edit)
    11 Samuel L Session – 101 Staccato (Beats)
    12 The Black Dog – Cctv Nation (Slam Remix)
    13 Sebastian Mullaert – Voices Around The Fire
    14 Daniel Mehlhart – Deep Crazy Synth (Miniloque’s District 7 Dub)
    15 Nsi. – Dual
    16 Cio D’or – Goldbrokat
    17 XDB – My Secret Garden

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭xdeletiax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Zascar wrote: »
    Been meaning to listen this for ages, just stuck it on now and its really cool, different.

Pantha Du Prince - Black Noise
    pantha_blacknoise_cover.jpg

http://boomkat.com/cds/255172-pantha-du-prince-black-noise
    http://soundcloud.com/panthaduprince

Check out his 2nd album This Bliss , a majestic album,his best, things are starting to take off for this guy, reaaly impressive but yet simple happy sounds. His first album Diamond Daze is good too, no where near as good as this bliss and Black nosie though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Been listening to ASC's album Nothing Is Certain a lot over the last week or so and its brilliant. Highly recommend.

This has to rank as the best album of the year to date, absolute quality, Tensnake fuses many different styles together, 10/10:cool:

Tensnake In The House

Tensnake In The House is the first commercially released mix album from Marco Niemerski aka Tensnake. It’s eagerly awaited, that’s for sure, and driven by the killer single ‘Coma Cat’, it captures exactly where he is at right now. Combining the current vogue for space funk and cosmic disco, fusing lo-fi jams and electronic sounds with old school melodies and laidback vibes, Tensnake moves effortlessly between retro and recent sounds creating a joyful party experience.
    This heavily anticipated release from Defected features Lindstrom & Prins Thomas, Ame, Jamie Jones, MCDE, DJ Sneak, Michael Mayer and, of course, the anthem ‘Coma Cat’.

1820.jpg

http://www.defected.com/store/details/Various/Tensnake+In+The+House/1820/d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

wow I'm actually surprised by that mix. Lot of quality in there, and not the usual cheesey sh1t they're normally pushing.

Advertisement