Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xbox One Regional Marketplace Discussion

Options
  • 02-07-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭

What way does buying from a different countries xbox live marketplace work? what are the steps involved and the pros and cons?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pros: It's a lot cheaper - Talking around €40-€45 for a new release.

Cons: It's legitimacy is questionable and noone can really say for definite if there will ever be consequences for doing it. I wouldn't tend to think so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What way does buying from a different countries xbox live marketplace work? what are the steps involved and the pros and cons?

Change your console locale and go to xbox.com and set up a profile for that market. You'll get some game a hell of a lot cheaper, but down the line MS may take action on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

I have to make a new profile for it? Cant be done using existing profile? Action how so?
    many people on here do it?

I have to make a new profile for it? Cant be done using existing profile? Action how so?
    many people on here do it?

You can use your normal profile, no need to set up new ones.

Action could be anything from nothing, not allowing it to happen any more to removing games to banning you from XBL.

Interesting. Might be worth looking into between the xbox games being cheaper in dollars over there and then the exchange rate. Do many people on here do it?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

It's handy because if the £ ever hits equality with the € like it did before then you can switch to the UK store for savings

Does doing this have any affect on dlc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

none at all

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hi I use my debit card to buy games via us store but do not really wanna use my bank account to buy games from the us store just wondering is there a pre paid card like 3v that will work with that service? Anyone using 3v for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Hi I use my debit card to buy games via us store but do not really wanna use my bank account to buy games from the us store just wondering is there a pre paid card like 3v that will work with that service? Anyone using 3v for instance?

If its Visa then it should work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

One option would be to buy microsoft credit in US$. Though a little annoyingly, in Euro it's easy to get the credit for below the Euro amount eg €50 credit for about €40 but I can't find any reliable places to get a deal like this in dollars. I got one guy on ebay selling $25 for $19 and stocked up at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Maestro84

I was just wondering could the Irish government look for VAT on these games and back date the VAT. You are buying a product which is liable for VAT in Ireland but you are lying and saying you're an American resident which is fraud.

Maestro84 wrote: »
    I was just wondering could the Irish government look for VAT on these games and back date the VAT. You are buying a product which is liable for VAT in Ireland but you are lying and saying you're an American resident which is fraud.

Yes we are all quite the fraudsters aren't we?? 😉😂😂😂

If its Visa then it should work

Think 3v is Mastercard baitin.

One thing PSN has going for it is option to pay via paypal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

You can pay through paypal on the marketplace Basher, I already do :pac:

Edit: I just set-up my paypal a/c to have one of my cards as a US address, it is very easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

I buy on US marketplace since X1 was relased.I have 2TB 3.0 usb discs and I have over 10 games on it.No problems at all.I buy ''top ups'' on amazon.com. and pay with my Irish Visa Debit Card using fake us address(works well).I use some hotel address from Oregon state as they have 0% sales tax :) New games cost 59.99 dollars around 45 euro.Here is full guide(same story for ps 4 :D )

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/console-guides/xbox-one-guides/13353-step-step-guide-purchasing-games-us-xbox-one-store-any-region.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Fibbage is out on us market but not here.... eh looks like rubbish but a soft 1000gs

Trying to use up remaining annual leave.. and it has brought up the question

Master Chief Collection is released on Nov 11th in the US, 14th over here - If I'm ordering digitally and my region is set to US, can I play it on the 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

maximoose wrote: »
    Trying to use up remaining annual leave.. and it has brought up the question

Master Chief Collection is released on Nov 11th in the US, 14th over here - If I'm ordering digitally and my region is set to US, can I play it on the 11th?

Yep, that's how it worked when Titanfall came out (11/03 in the US and 14/03 here IIRC).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Was reading on one of the Uk forums that the Uk government are going to close the loop hole in January on buying e-books music games etc from other countries as they British government aren't getting their cut, I wonder will the Irish government follow suit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Was reading on one of the Uk forums that the Uk government are going to close the loop hole in January on buying e-books music games etc from other countries as they British government aren't getting their cut, I wonder will the Irish government follow suit?

It seems that the new markets in which xbox launched have significantly cheaper digital prices than elsewhere in Europe.

Worth looking into.

Even if the UK tried to close the loophole, once you've paid you appropriate tax elsewhere in the EU I didn't think they could hit you with duty or some other tax. Fair trade and all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

It seems that the new markets in which xbox launched have significantly cheaper digital prices than elsewhere in Europe.

Worth looking into.

Even if the UK tried to close the loophole, once you've paid you appropriate tax elsewhere in the EU I didn't think they could hit you with duty or some other tax. Fair trade and all that?
    Yeah but that's fine in eu but if you purchase from US or HK store it's going to be clamped down on, possibly getting close to regional locking the software. So we should enjoy it while we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

If you want AW early (playable on the 2nd of November at 7pm Irish time - 5 hours before everyone else!) just change your region to Hong Kong and buy pre-order it off the store.

It's cheaper than retail as well and you get it a tad earlier.

Make up a Hong Kong Address, just be imaginative.

Checked bank statement, and was charged as much as expected no hidden charges.

Keep your region on Hong Kong until it's released worldwide. Then change it back. Game will work as all digital games are region free.

Have fun!

Oh, if you game share with a mate it works out at €19.50 earlier than everyone else too. Not too shabby, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tristannolan

hi how do i use foreign marketplaces to get cheaper games? i have my console switched to the regiom i want but do i have to change billing info or anything so i can buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭wrt40

Do you have to stay on that region to play the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

Keep your region on Hong Kong until it's released worldwide. Then change it back. Game will work as all digital games are region free.
    wrt40 wrote: »
    Do you have to stay on that region to play the game?

See above.

Anyone else having trouble making purchases the last few days?

Haven't changed any details on my account, and def money on the card, but trying to buy from US store I'm told
    Use a different way to pay
    Your purchase can't be completed with this payment option. Try a different or new way to pay.

Anyone else having trouble making purchases the last few days?

Haven't changed any details on my account, and def money on the card, but trying to buy from US store I'm told

Have you that card on a few different accounts? Do you see an error code in the bottom right of the screen?

Getting error code PBR9002

Card is not on any other acc

• Advertisement

Getting error code PBR9002

Card is not on any other acc

Security flag, you'll need to contact support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement