Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Hospital Salthill Galway

Options
  • 30-06-2014 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I am new to Boards.ie.

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a query.

A friend of mine is trying to establish some information from when she was born. Without going into too much information, she has uncovered some untruths that her parents told her surrounding her birth. She is not adopted, she is with her parents and it is not a Mother & Baby Home case.

Her parents told her she was born in a Maternity or Nursing Home in Salthill Galway in July/August 1965.

I have been unable to find any further information for her on any such establishment and I am hoping that someone here might know...or be able to suggest where I could look.

Thanks,

Rizzo1

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

I don't know of a maternity hospital in Salthill, but there was a small privately owned hospital at Sea Road Galway - St Bride's. There were some births there in earlier years. I don't know when it closed.

By the early sixties the new Regional Hospital was built so St Brides may have closed about then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rizzo1

Hi,

Thanks I will look into that.

Rizzo1

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rizzo1

Hi,

Yes it seems to have closed in 1964, replaced by the Calvary Hospital, now the Bons.

Thanks,

Rizzo1

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

What does her birth cert say about the location of birth? Even if the address is vague, the sub-district could help narrow down an area for you.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement