Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iran's Nuclear Program and Media War Mongering

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Mysterious, as Bonkey pointed out we can see all your edits. It is very confusing to people when you edit a post several times over the space of 10 minutes bare that in mind when people reply to you. Also we can see when you've posted something which could be seen as an insult and then remove it. Other people may also see it before the edit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

mysterious wrote:
    Why does America decide or be the judge of Iran.

Every country judges every other country, it's foreign relations. It's just that America has the means to enforce its views a little more than other countries.
    mysterious wrote: »
    Well yes maybe, but I'm asking for your view, this reality does not always need to be validated by evidence, we both already understhan reality.

But can you see why people won't neccessarily agree with the things you say if you don't provide evidence?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Undergod wrote: »
    Every country judges every other country, it's foreign relations. It's just that America has the means to enforce its views a little more than other countries.

By that thinking Israel had the right to use White Phosphourus on the innocent Palestinians just because it has the "means".

Judging other countries is not foriegn relations. Besides we are not talking about passive stances, we are talking about being not just a judge but jury and executioner also.

We are talking about starting illegal wars, with already over a million people mostly innocent dead, gone, this decade alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

By that thinking Israel had the right to use White Phosphourus on the innocent Palestinians just because it has the "means".

Judging other countries is not foriegn relations. Besides we are not talking about passive stances, we are talking about being not just a judge but jury and executioner also.

We are talking about starting illegal wars, with already over a million people mostly innocent dead, gone, this decade alone.

Where did I say I approved of anything America was doing? My point was just that every country judges, and bases policy on the judgements they make. And it's never been conclusively shown that WP was used in an illegal manner, as far as I know.

I don't approve at all of the fact that the USA can, in theory, just throw their weight around like that.

Edit: According to Wikipedia, Human Rights Watch published a study stating just that, that Israel used WP illegally. Might be worth looking into.

Advertisement