Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

d-link dns-327l and Seagate ST4000DX001compatible???

Options
  • 02-10-2014 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Just wondering if the seagate st4000dx001 hybrid hard drive is compatible with D-link dns-327l.
    The enclosure supports hard drives up to 4TB with bytes per sector = 4k.
    D-link does give a list of drives that are compatible but none take my fancy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What would you be running on a NAS where a 8GB SSD cache would actually be effective? Would you not just run a WD red drive, something that is sold and designed to be run quiet 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭riggsfitz

What would you be running on a NAS where a 8GB SSD cache would actually be effective? Would you not just run a WD red drive, something that is sold and designed to be run quiet 24/7.

Using a 2TB version in my pc and pretty much impressed with its performance both speed and noise. Want to try learn how to use a few other programs i.e photoshop and maybe some video editing at some stage.

Also have 3 x 500GB WD my Books that each needs it own power supply for. Things starting to get messy and running out of power points

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its unlikely the NAS will ever effectively use the SSD cache, which you're paying extra for. You don't need either the IOPS or the speed burst it brings.

It should work though.

Advertisement