Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy Win7 key??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Not sure if this thread is ongoing, or if anyone's still looking, but Windows 7 Professional (64bit) for sale here - €34.80.

Moe versions 32bit/Home Premium/XP etc. HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Magic-SG1

I've bought 4 Windows 8 keys off Reddit and never had a issue. Unlucky that you got a dud man

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

I've just started a build and looking for Windows 8.1 pro, I've had a look through subreddits and such for tips, I'm still lost!! Any tips? Where to download the file and that kind of thing? WexfordIrl is the seller I was looking at....keep it local!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭crasy dash

DaDerv wrote: »
    I've just started a build and looking for Windows 8.1 pro, I've had a look through subreddits and such for tips, I'm still lost!! Any tips? Where to download the file and that kind of thing? WexfordIrl is the seller I was looking at....keep it local!

Used that seller myself for windows 7 working fine after two months and comes up genuine .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I downloaded a Windows 7 ISO from Digital River's server, and now I just have to burn the ISO to a USB and buy a key from /u/WexfordIRL and I'm ready to go? That's much cheaper than the €100+ Win7 disc.

You can find all of the Windows 7 files here:

http://www.mytechguide.org/10042/windows-7-sp1-iso-download-official-digitalriver-links/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

That's all dude. Just install Windows and activate with the key you get from Reddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

"There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later."

That's what I get when I press buy. Any thoughts?

MRTULES wrote: »
    "There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later."

That's what I get when I press buy. Any thoughts?

Same here. Just look around the subreddit, plenty of them selling keys. Going with this guy myself, same price and verified seller.

http://www.reddit.com/r/softwareswap/comments/2c2wve/h_software_keys_w_paypal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Student offer from Microsoft website should be the best!

Hello again! I got a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 burnt to a cd. I tested i on an old laptop that already had windows 7, just booted from the CD and loaded it. Works fine just needs to be activated. Problem is when I tried the CD with my new build with a blank SSD i get a message saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press any key" this message repeats when you press the key. The optical drive works and all Sata cables are correct. The motherboard recognises the SSD and CD drive. Is the x64 version an add on or can it be loaded from the offset? Im not seeing where im going wrong here! Any help would be appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Hello again! I got a copy of Windows 8.1 Pro x64 burnt to a cd. I tested i on an old laptop that already had windows 7, just booted from the CD and loaded it. Works fine just needs to be activated. Problem is when I tried the CD with my new build with a blank SSD i get a message saying "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot media in selected Boot device and press any key" this message repeats when you press the key. The optical drive works and all Sata cables are correct. The motherboard recognises the SSD and CD drive. Is the x64 version an add on or can it be loaded from the offset? Im not seeing where im going wrong here! Any help would be appreciated!

You don't have your boot priority set so go into your bios and choose the first boot up device to be the drive with windows on it and then it should work

You don't have your boot priority set so go into your bios and choose the first boot up device to be the drive with windows on it and then it should work

I tried this, even disabled the second option of the SSD so it would only boot from the CD drive just as a test and still get the same message? So close...yet so far!!

I tried this, even disabled the second option of the SSD so it would only boot from the CD drive just as a test and still get the same message? So close...yet so far!!

Hm ok could you try disconnect the ssd completely and see if you can boot from the cd, then we can rule out that being the problem and see if the cd drive its self is not working? CD is fine since it's working elsewhere. You could also try boot to some small linux distro on a cd. Will take a fraction of the time of getting windows on a usb or reburning a windows cd to try. And you'd be able to instantly see whether your pc is allowing itself to boot from the cd drive

Hm ok could you try disconnect the ssd completely and see if you can boot from the cd, then we can rule out that being the problem and see if the cd drive its self is not working? CD is fine since it's working elsewhere. You could also try boot to some small linux distro on a cd. Will take a fraction of the time of getting windows on a usb or reburning a windows cd to try. And you'd be able to instantly see whether your pc is allowing itself to boot from the cd drive

Disconnecting SSD completely left with the same result. To be honest im starting to doubt the Drive now myself. How would i go about testing it? Ideally i would copy it to a USB with poweriso but i only have 2 4GB usbs and they lie....they are only 3.72GB leaving me just short of space!! I tested the cd again on another laptop, just to see would it boot and it did so i can definetly rule that out. Appreciate the help, didn't see me hitting this stumbling block!

• Advertisement

Disconnecting SSD completely left with the same result. To be honest im starting to doubt the Drive now myself. How would i go about testing it? Ideally i would copy it to a USB with poweriso but i only have 2 4GB usbs and they lie....they are only 3.72GB leaving me just short of space!! I tested the cd again on another laptop, just to see would it boot and it did so i can definetly rule that out. Appreciate the help, didn't see me hitting this stumbling block!

If you could try the drive on a different pc. You need to use a different method of putting the iso on a usb to make it bootable you can't use poweriso.

It does sound to me like the drive is the problem though so i'd say you should either test that on a different pc or just pick up a big enough usb and use that for the install

Apologies, forgot to update. Went with the USB and it worked perfectly. CD drive is obviously the problem. What that is i don't know, not too bothered for now although in the future i'll need it. I used the "Windows 7 USB Download Tool". Im too noob to link here yet but its easily found. Its very handy, literally 4 steps, finding the iso, choosing DVD or USB, formatting the USB and copying the files. and you avoid the need for running Boot Sect through Command Prompt Admin. It works fine for Windows 8.1 which is what I'm now running. Id played around with Power Iso and used ImgBurn for the DVD I made, which would have worked but "Windows 7 USB Download Tool" seemed easier again so i'd recommend that. Appreciate the help. Nice to finally be up and running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Anyone able to pint me in the direction of a reddit user they have used for windows keys?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

MRTULES wrote: »
    Anyone able to pint me in the direction of a reddit user they have used for windows keys?
    Thanks

I have used /u/quality in the past and have had no problems getting it to activate.

But well, you know yourself... there is no way these keys can be that cheap and legit.
    If it works it works, but if doesn't.... well, there only about 10-20$ on average so worth a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Dang, Reddit have banned the sale of Microsoft products on softwareswap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Yeah saw that the software swap has banned MS products. Apparently there were a lot of Dreamspark (free student) and Bizspark (free software startup) keys being sold when they shouldn't have.

I think the Bizspark ones may be time limited also.

Is there another good internet bazaar for these things as an alternative or just revert back to ebay and the like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

I think the Bizspark ones may be time limited also.

Is there any way of telling if a certain key is time limited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

srumball wrote: »
    Dang, Reddit have banned the sale of Microsoft products on softwareswap!

Still available. They have their own Sub reddit. Bought from it recently.

http://www.reddit.com/r/microsoftsoftwareswap/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

So just thought I'd add my 2 cents here.

My dad was recently chucked out some old computer stuff and I spotted he had a copy of windows 7. I was running Vista up to June and decided a fresh install was a good idea so used the windows 7 disc.

All was well until the key on the box didn't work so I went digging online and found this place: http://www.pay4key.org/

Now I was a little skeptical but figured it was worth a punt at 21 quid for a key and it was done via paypal....

It worked a charm..... (€20.87)

However, I did have an issue last week where I turned on my PC and windows told me that I might have been a victim of a counterfeit key (to good to be true... had I lost my 21 squids???)

As it was done via paypal I figured I would at least try and email them to see what the story was and if I got nothing back I could try get my money back via paypal....

pay4key's responded in 24 hours with a new key and instructions on how to enter it....

All good so far for only 21 quid.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

jcrowbar wrote: »
    Is there any way of telling if a certain key is time limited?

Apparently, according to the seller I was messaging on Reddit, most of the licenses are indeed the Bizspark ones that are limited to 3 years. I don't know however if they are limited from the time that they are issued or that they are from the time of activation with MS.

Advertisement