Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if bees become extinct?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

kryogen wrote: »
    Whats the craic with wasps then?

any truth to the theory they are extra terrestrial?

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

"If the bee disappears from the surface of the earth, man would have no more than four years to live." Robert Einstein.

Robert, eh? Who was he then? Albert's entomologist brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Priori wrote: »
    Robert, eh? Who was he then? Albert's entomologist brother?

I guess he had to attribute it to someone as there's no evidence that Einstein said anything of the sort, although it's often claimed he did.. :pac: I'm still trying to figure out why a physicist would make such a statement........ He was responsible for creating a far more effective way to wipe out humanity so I doubt that he was particularly worried about the extinction of bee..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

One serious consequence of bee extension would be no more crunchy nut cornflakes which could lead to riots in the streets.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

lookitsme wrote: »
    superluck wrote: »
    It doesn't bovar me, it won't affect me, i'll still be able to buy an iPad 10 or super-plasma tv.

bee's pollinate 30% of the worlds crops so without them crop prices would increase and then increase food prices. If you pay more for your food odds are you would have less money in your pocket for your ipad or super dooper plasma tv

Bats pollinate crops as much as bees do.

www.batworlds.com/bat-role-in-pollination.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Daithi 1

Winty wrote: »
    Bats pollinate crops as much as bees do.

www.batworlds.com/bat-role-in-pollination.html

Yeah but bats don't make honey. And bears eat honey. Almost said horny there, instead of honey.

Advertisement