Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD to Intel what about Windows 7

Options
  • 29-09-2014 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I have an older AMD ws that has gone kaput. I've ordered intel core17, ansus and 16GB of ram. I'm hoping the mother board fits in ok.

My question is will the Windows 7 on the hard drive work of will I have to do something to replace the HAL etc.

Does any body know? Ideas maybe?

Thanks
    T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You're best of reinstalling windows fresh. Sometimes itll boot and autoconfig drivers, sometimes it wont.

Image the hard drive off to an external drive, format and install clean, then import back in what you need and install software.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

txpjl wrote: »
    I've ordered intel core17

Say what?!?!?! Intel is already on core 17!!!! Damn, i'm only on core 7. :D:D

Anyway, to answer your question.. No it will not work. You need to reinstall Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

Say what?!?!?! Intel is already on core 17!!!! Damn, i'm only on core 7. :D:D

Anyway, to answer your question.. No it will not work. You need to reinstall Windows 7.

I should have gone core 9 :)

Advertisement