Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Dell Laptop Multiple Problems

Options
  • 08-07-2014 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

I think my Old Dell Latitude e6400 maybe finally packing in. :(

Noticed a huge decrease in speed recently, WIFI randomly stops responding disable re-enable network card temporary does the trick. Applications randomly crashing/stop responding for example Firefox. Graphics drivers crashing, high temps on CPU and GPU, fan constantly and full rpm. CPU also acting funny, say I am listening to YouTube load another tab in Firefox sound/video starts jumping as if CPU is struggling.

Me thinking it was bad drivers or software issue reinstalled Windows 7 and download latest drivers using service tag from Dells website but did nothing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

All those issues could well be being caused by the machine overheating. I would clean out the fan/vents and replace the thermal paste on the processor and GPU. I would also be wary of stuff freezing and crashing, could be a sign of impending Hard Drive failure. Make sure your stuff is all backed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    All those issues could well be being caused by the machine overheating. I would clean out the fan/vents and replace the thermal paste on the processor and GPU. I would also be wary of stuff freezing and crashing, could be a sign of impending Hard Drive failure. Make sure your stuff is all backed up.

Also the audio device seems to stop working randomly until a restart, I have cleaned the heatsync and replaced the thermal paste on the processor and GPU. Ill keep a eye on the HDD if it goes it goes nothing important on laptop.

Advertisement