Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flood protection vs Electricity Export

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

So, to summise;

We have shown that the ESB Networks & Eirgrid transmission plans do not divert, or have anything to do with the dept of enviro & local authorities monies for flood repair.

So.... What more is there to say?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 397 ✭✭Blahblah2012

So, to summise;

We have shown that the ESB Networks & Eirgrid transmission plans do not divert, or have anything to do with the dept of enviro & local authorities monies for flood repair.

So.... What more is there to say?

To suRmise, I said we can "afford" (even through dubious loans) to install €3.5 billion worth of ESB networks..wind farms etc and yet we can't afford to pay for flood defences. You were the one that implied i'm trying to say there is a direct link between the funding of each.(although most of the notes have the same prints on them)

There's not much point being able to charge your iPad if your house is under water. It isn't much comfort.

More incentives to use less power...

Large factories should also make more effort to generate more of..if not all.. of their own power on site(where feasible).
    How many objections would you get to having turbines in industrial estates?

Well...it isn't something ESB or Eirgrid really want to promote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

To suRmise, I said we can "afford" (even through dubious loans) to install €3.5 billion worth of ESB networks..wind farms etc and yet we can't afford to pay for flood defences. You were the one that implied i'm trying to say there is a direct link between the funding of each.(although most of the notes have the same prints on them)

There's not much point being able to charge your iPad if your house is under water. It isn't much comfort.

Large factories should also make more effort to generate more of..if not all.. of their own power on site(where feasible).
    How many objections would you get to having turbines in industrial estates?

Your entire argument has been blown out of the water because the ESB isn't getting money from the State. Their expenditure on wind farms is their. business. As for the argument on flooding defences, it makes little or no sense to pay billions to save a few people who live on flood plains.

More importantly if this increase in weather extremes is caused by global warming wind farms are a solution.

Your entire argument has been blown out of the water because the ESB isn't getting money from the State.

Have you just fallen in from the pub or are you trying to be constructive?

Their expenditure on wind farms is their. business.
    And ours as well!!
    As for the argument on flooding defences, it makes little or no sense to pay billions to save a few people who live on flood plains.

Your absolutely right...people on floodplains and low lying areas are a small sacrifice to make. :rolleyes:

More importantly if this increase in weather extremes is caused by global warming wind farms are a solution.

Ever heard of a load of hot air? Would that fly your kite? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

Have you just fallen in from the pub or are you trying to be constructive?

No to the first(also reported) and no to the second. I am pointing out to you in a clearly necessarily remedial fashion that you have no argument. As we will see, it didn't work.
    And ours as well!!

There. It didn't work. you still think its tax.

Your absolutely right...it's a small sacrifice to make. :rolleyes:

It's a major sacrifice to demand billions for a few hundred people who are in trouble when a winter which is the windiest in 200 years comes along. The cost benefit analysis is simple.

Ever heard of a load of hot air? Would that fly your kite? :rolleyes:

Ever thought of making adult arguments?

No to the first(also reported) and no to the second. I am pointing out to you in a clearly necessarily remedial fashion that you have no argument. As we will see, it didn't work.

Remidial? Nice touch. Classy.
    There. It didn't work. you still think its tax.

I do of course.

It's a major sacrifice to demand billions for a few hundred people who are in trouble when a winter which is the windiest in 200 years comes along. The cost benefit analysis is simple.

Of course :rolleyes: a small sacrifice

a few hundred:rolleyes:

Ever thought of making adult arguments?

No comment. Ill just get banned. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Remidial? Nice touch. Classy.

I do of course.

Of course :rolleyes: a small sacrifice

a few hundred:rolleyes:

No comment. Ill just get banned. ;)

Regrettably, that's certainly a possibility at this stage. Since the likelihood of constructive argument appears to have dropped to zero, I'm going to close the thread now.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement