Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions wanted

Options
  • 31-01-2008 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

basically my dad bought a sonos wireless mucis system for the house and in order to have music you need to stream it from your computer through a wireless controller box connected to the router. Problem was we had it set up that the music would stream from a dell laptop in the living room but if anyone wants to use the laptop the music goes(also the thing should not be left on 24hrs a day). We then decided to stream from both my computer and his one with the majority of music being on mine.

So we don't want to leave his computer on 24 just for music(its power hungry) and i was thinking of taking the 2 160GB HD out my dad's and my 2 200GB's out of mine and building a Home Server/Theatre PC for the back living room. Alternatively I could get a NAS device but i want to keep this as simple as possible. I'm looking for opinions and if you can take into consideration my parents are not computer literate and i'll be moving out shortly that'd be great.

Note: I have everything bar a powersupply and case for a potential Home theatre PC

thanks

Advertisement