Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flood risk in Duleek

Options
  • 04-11-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

We are looking at a house in Duleek in Oakleigh and have been made aware that the area is a flood risk. Does anyone have more information on the flooding in Duleek? Areas effected, last flood incident, remedial work completed, Was Oakleigh ever effected by flooding? What is current risk of flooding in the area?

Any information at all will be great and much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

Best check here
    http://www.floodmaps.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dublinso

Thanks. I've been on the flood map website but can't get information specific to Oakleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Dublinso wrote: »
    Thanks. I've been on the flood map website but can't get information specific to Oakleigh

Your best bet would be to contact the OPW directly and/or Meath county Council and get talking to someone to see if any work has been doen in the area to minimise the risk of flooding. Have a look at the cfram.ie website - it seems like Duleek was covered in the FEM Fram pilot study looking at the maps - worth having a read there

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

There is a link that I cannot post as I am a new user.
    Super.
    Google maps dot opw dot ie. but put a dot where I have written dot.
    There is a website with that name giving OPW maps and data.

zoom in on Duleek - find the bit you are on about.

Different shades of blue represent different AEPs (probabilities).
    Lots at risk for the 0.1% AEP or 1 in 1000 year event.
    Lots at risk for the 1% AEP or 1 in 100 year event, but way way less than the 0.1% as there is a scheme in Duleek built by the OPW and the Standard of protection for that scheme is to the 1% AEP.

You are lucky to have this information as this represents predictive flood risk.
    Normally you only get historical flood risk - on floodmaps dot ie (again, cant post the actual name!! super)
    OPW are working towards getting this standard of predictive flood risk mapping for the main areas at risk as soon as possible - go to www dot cfram dot ie for more info.
    again - put dots rather than writing dots. super.
    Duleek happened to be in the FEMFRAM pilot study so is done early.

Hope all that helps you make an informed decision.

There is a link that I cannot post as I am a new user.
    Super.
    Google the words (maps dot opw dot ie) but put a dot where I have written dot.
    There is a website with that name giving OPW maps and data.

zoom in on Duleek - find the bit you are on about.

Different shades of blue represent different AEPs (probabilities).
    Lots at risk for the 0.1% AEP or 1 in 1000 year event.
    Lots at risk for the 1% AEP or 1 in 100 year event, but way way less than the 0.1% as there is a scheme in Duleek built by the OPW and the Standard of protection for that scheme is to the 1% AEP.

You are lucky to have this information as this represents predictive flood risk.
    Normally you only get historical flood risk - on floodmaps dot ie (again, cant post the actual name!! super)
    OPW are working towards getting this standard of predictive flood risk mapping for the main areas at risk as soon as possible - go to www dot cfram dot ie for more info.
    again - put dots rather than writing dots. super.
    Duleek happened to be in the FEMFRAM pilot study as said above so is done early.

Hope all that helps you make an informed decision.

• Advertisement

below

sorry about all the rubbish posts above, tried to edit the first one, then tried to delete it, but managed to throw up three posts, make it four after this one.
    Will get more savvy, hope you can extract the information from (all) the posts.

Advertisement