Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying Sky + recordings to blank DVD

Options
  • 28-11-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Has anyone ever tried copying progrmmes they've recorded on Sky + onto a blank DVD? If so, how do you go about it? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Only the recorded FTA channels could be copied. There is copy protection on much of Sky's own content.

This question has come up before. I know I have answered it.

Anyway http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Only possible way would be if your have a video capture card in your pc.
    You could connect the sky box to the capture card with an Rf cable and record the programs onto the PC then burn them to dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Has anyone ever tried copying progrmmes they've recorded on Sky + onto a blank DVD? If so, how do you go about it? Thanks.
    This question was asked just over a week ago in the Sky Talk To forum and there's a quite detailed reply from a Sky Rep here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,861 ✭✭✭✭muffler

STB. wrote: »
    Only the recorded FTA channels could be copied. There is copy protection on much of Sky's own content.
    I would have thought the same but if you click through on the link I posted above there is no mention of this by the Sky Rep. Seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

muffler wrote: »
    I would have thought the same but if you click through on the link I posted above there is no mention of this by the Sky Rep. Seems odd.

The Sky content football games/movies etc have HDCP.

It will not work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

STB. wrote: »
    The Sky content football games/movies etc have HDCP.

It will not work.

I have recorded many programmes, sporting events, & movies from sky plus using a dvd recorder.

Usually apart from recordings on pay per view & some content from sky on demand it will normally record to a blank disc.

The only thing is, it is becoming more difficult to buy Dvd recorders.

Advertisement