Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would I recommend Sky to anyone? NO, not unless you want to be made feel Vulnerble

• 25-11-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Would I recommend Sky to anyone? NO, especially not a single parent, an elderly person or anyone else who may be made feel VULNERABLE in their own home like I did.

I joined Sky broadband a few months ago and my brother was on and on to me about how great Sky TV is, so eventually I thought well why not the broadband was going so good, the customer service was great needless to take such turn.
    So I paid for the Sky channels and scheduled an engineer to come out and set it up, I was so excited I didn’t have any stations for a while because I had just moved into my new house.

It all went downhill from there, so the engineer arrived not very pleasant and made me feel that I was putting him out of his way to set up the TV because he probably wanted to finish early on the Saturday (when I made my complaint a Sky customer service person also agreed with me that the engineer probably wanted to finish early). The engineer then went on to tell me that there was only one wire coming down the inside of the wall to the socket and he would have to use the external wires that were already there and as I had told him when he came into the house these wires were going to be removed because the person that previously owned this house must not have minded that the black wires were on show (going from attic through one bedroom and also the sitting, it looked terrible) he was not happy with this because it meant he would have to do more work. So he then told me that he could connect it to the socket with one wire and I could get the station but I couldn’t record and if I wanted to record I had to leave it on that station and if I wasn’t happy with this I could buy a second box for my other TV so I could record on one and watch something else on the as you can imagine I was not happy with this because in order for me to get the full service I was paying for I had to pay more than every other customer so I told him I will phone Sky so I did. I was on hold for another department he came in and said are you talking to Sky and I told him I was on hold because I was not happy with this service so he went on to tell me that he could put up a dish at the side of the house near the sitting room and that way the wire would go directly into the sitting room with no wires on show and I could then have the full service that I was paying for. After he had completed the instillation he asked will he take down the other dish that was already on the house but if he takes it down the other socket for the other TV won’t work and if I just wanted the new dish on the house then I would have to get a wire coming in from that dish on show going to the attic through two rooms and then back down to the other TV so I told him no just leave it because his attitude and presence in my house along with this terrible service was just overwhelming so he went. After he had left I was so annoyed by this service that I phoned Sky to put in a complaint and I was explaining the issue with her and she said she would phone him because he had just left and she couldn’t understand why I have to have two dishes on my house but when she phoned back she told me that he did not answer and to my surprise she then tries to tell me that my package is not great when you have a child watching it and then tries to up sale their products. THERE IS A TIME FOR UP SELLING A PRODUCT AND IT MOST DEFINITELY IS NOT WHEN SOMEONE IS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE SERVICE.
    Unfortunately things get worse, a while later the engineer phones me to ask if I put in a complaint and to be honest I didn’t know what to say, I am single mother and this person has my personal telephone number and knows where I live and is asking me did i put in a complaint about him and of course his manner was the same as earlier which was very unpleasant. I felt so intimidated in my own home.
    So I phoned Sky again to tell them what had happened and they said that it was not their procedure to phone the engineer that the first Sky person I spoke with should not have phoned the engineer but instead she should have phoned the company/manager that the engineer worked for. So he said he would talk to his manager and see where to go from there. He told me that they phoned the company and it would be dealt with so I told him I wanted to know the outcome because at this stage I was so annoyed I had not received call backs from Sky like I was told I would and I had to keep following up and then he offered me 10% off my next bill which no surprise I did not get (WHAT A JOKE OF AN OFFER I SPENT A LOT MORE ON MY PHONE BILL BECAUSE I HAD TO CONTINUOUSLY PHONE SKY). Sky also tried to blame the other company and asked me to call them to find out the outcome, as i told Sky i was paying Sky for this service it is up to them to send out reliable and trustworthy engineers and to also resolve my complaint not for me to be phoning another company to sort it out for them.
    This went on for weeks phoning sky and eventually a manager from the engineers company phoned to come out to see why there was two dishes unfortunately I was working but my brother met with him. The manager told me he could set up the other TV up with the new dish without putting wires on show so I told him I wanted to be there when he was setting it up as my trust in this company was completely gone so they were to call back later in the week that was months ago.
    So I phoned Sky again but this time I asked to speak with a manager thinking that maybe he could tell me the outcome of my complaint and to also explain that the engineers manager did not return as he previously told me he would. He phoned the other company and that manager had left and didn’t do a handover and so on but someone from that company would be in contact to come out and remove the second dish and fix the other TV so I asked for this manager to follow up with me to ensure that somebody came out to fix it as I was extremely annoyed having to continuously phone Sky. Somebody from the engineers company phoned to call out and as I told him I work full time and told him the days I would be there early and let me know a day in advance and the last time I spoke with him he was going to passing by in an hour and he could call in then and I told him I wasn’t there and told him what days I would be there early and we got cut off and he did not phone me back, that was weeks ago.

The manager from Sky has not followed up with me to let me know the outcome of my complaint or if my second dish was removed but yet the sales team have plenty of time to keep phoning about upgrades.

NO SURPRISE BUT I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY TABLET THAT I WAS TO GET FOR SIGNING UP WITH SKY, I STILL HAVE TWO DISHES ON MY HOUSE AND MY BROTHER HAS NOT RECEIVED HIS REFERAL FEE.

The whole experience was awful and has cost me more stress, time and money trying to resolve my complaint.

WILL THIS EVER BE RESOLVED YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE!

Comments

Advertisement