Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Remote - Tuning to TV Issue Panasonic

• 21-10-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody come across this. I'm trying to tune me sky remote to my New Panasonic Viera C300 Model NoTX-32C-300B but to no avail. I have tried the generic codes and called Sky but to no avail.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,304 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I think someone posted here recently with a similar problem regarding a Panasonic tv. The damned search facility is bollixed so maybe have a quick trawl through some recent threads.

Edit/ here you go. Don't know if it will help as I havent read the thread as such.

The search is working better than I thought. Have a look at the threads here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

There is currently no code for the c300 ......the older version A300 is 0065 but this doesnt work for the c300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

muffler wrote: »
    The search is working better than I thought. Have a look at the threads here

Thanks

steveon wrote: »
    There is currently no code for the c300 ......the older version A300 is 0065 but this doesnt work for the c300

Thanks o I'm stuck with 2 remote controls then?

• Advertisement

Moanin wrote: »
    Thanks o I'm stuck with 2 remote controls then?

For now this is a common problem with new models of tvs when they use different ir freq. Usually with a few weeks a code is released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭decor58

I read sometime ago that that model is made by vestel, for panasonic, maybe try those codes

decor58 wrote: »
    I read sometime ago that that model is made by vestel, for panasonic, maybe try those codes

Ive tried all vestel codes already and as i stated before the code for the previous model a300 does not work for this tv give it time same with a lot of new models

Who issues these codes? Is it SKY?

Just a thought OP but have you tried contacting Panasonic or even the retailer?

• Advertisement

muffler wrote: »
    Just a thought OP but have you tried contacting Panasonic or even the retailer?

I spoke with retailer and they told me it was a sky issue. Similar searches on Google point to SKY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭dball

Im having the same problem and wondering if this will solve it> I spoke to Sky today and they told me a version 10 remote control should work,

Dunno if this is a genuine sky remote or a knock off -
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Remote-Controls/Everyday-Basics/Everyday-Basics-Sky-Plus-Replacement-Remote-Control-Sky-Plus

dball wrote: »
    Im having the same problem and wondering if this will solve it> I spoke to Sky today and they told me a version 10 remote control should work,

Dunno if this is a genuine sky remote or a knock off -
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Remote-Controls/Everyday-Basics/Everyday-Basics-Sky-Plus-Replacement-Remote-Control-Sky-Plus

No way thats an original remote control at inly £5...dont think sky made new revisions for old remotes

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Djdeno

Hi I have the Panasonic tx40c300b tv and can't get my sky remote to work tv functions anybody got these magic codes look up a load of threads online and it seems Panasonic and sky don't want anything to do with it looks bad in this day and age that they won't help.only brought the tv 2 months ago so help if you can thanksðŸ‘

Djdeno wrote: »
    Hi I have the Panasonic tx40c300b tv and can't get my sky remote to work tv functions anybody got these magic codes look up a load of threads online and it seems Panasonic and sky don't want anything to do with it looks bad in this day and age that they won't help.only brought the tv 2 months ago so help if you can thanksðŸ‘

No luck either - def not something you can do unless you upgrade the remote unfortunately

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057529236

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Djdeno

What Sky remote should I get and what are the codes then

version 10 might work but you would want to check with Sky first.

Ask on the Ask Sky forum linked above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

dball wrote: »
    version 10 might work but you would want to check with Sky first.

Ask on the Ask Sky forum linked above

It wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah you won't get any remote to work with that tv fully, there is a code that will work for power only, see the sky forum for it.
    I was lucky I returned mine to did for a full refund and got a Philips that works perfectly

Advertisement