Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dish realignment

Options
  • 26-11-2015 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    So I cancelled Sky a few months ago. Even before I cancelled I had issues with not getting a signal but just put up with it as I knew I was cancelling instead of paying for an engineer.

The signal issues are still there post Sky for the FTA channels and I'm looking to sort it. I think the dish is slightly out of line since really bad weather/storms earlier on in the year.

Will I make matters worse if I go messing with the dish or is it trial and error.

Any tips appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

BullBauld wrote: »
    Hi all.
    So I cancelled Sky a few months ago. Even before I cancelled I had issues with not getting a signal but just put up with it as I knew I was cancelling instead of paying for an engineer.

The signal issues are still there post Sky for the FTA channels and I'm looking to sort it. I think the dish is slightly out of line since really bad weather/storms earlier on in the year.

Will I make matters worse if I go messing with the dish or is it trial and error.

Any tips appreciated.
    Cant do any harm really
    Use the signal meter built in to the sky box
    just remember small adjustments like 1 inch left or right check picture then
    but remember the difference between getting good signal and rubbish is very small
    I would only move it left or right to begin with mark it with something like scratch the pole so you know where you started
    pick a free to air station like sky news and see whats the best signal quality you can get

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It can be done by trial and error if you can see the tv from the dish or have someone watching but is a lot easier if you have some kind of meter, even a cheapo one from Woodies or Argos for €10-15. If you are using the meter built into the Sky box remember there is a slight delay of a few seconds between any change you make and it showing on the box. Move the dish very slowly and only a very small amount at a time. Other things to keep in mind is that it may not be misalignment, but water getting into the connection or even trees or bushes blocking the signal.

Advertisement