Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satellite installer Cork

Options
  • 22-11-2015 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I have no signal at the moment with my sky dish. The dish has moved due to recent weather conditions. Can anyone recommend someone in the North Cork area who deals with these kinds of issues.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

Id ring sky first. If your in contract with them itll be free. If not itll be €60 or €99 depending on if they have some deal going.
    It happened me a few years ago. They wanted €60 to fix it with 30 day warranty. They offered me a free upgrade to a sky hd box with free installation(which fixed my dish) and 12 month warranty, the box sets included for €5 a month for 12 months which came to €60 over the contract.
    It was a no brainer as id been thinking of getting the hd package anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭carnagesri

I am not in contract with them so I doubt there will be anything for free. Everyone seems to be around the 60 mark for sorting out signal issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭.red.

carnagesri wrote: »
    I am not in contract with them so I doubt there will be anything for free. Everyone seems to be around the 60 mark for sorting out signal issues.

If you ring they might offer you something like i got.
    It was costing me €60 to get it fixed, or an extra €5 a month to get an upgraded sky box and package and my dish was fixed with a 12 month warranty. I had planned sticking with sky anyway so it was worth my while getting into a new contract for the same price as a repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

I have no signal at the moment with my sky dish. The dish has moved due to recent weather conditions. Can anyone recommend someone in the North Cork area who deals with these kinds of issues.Thanks.

You could give these guys a try - prices look reasonable

http://corksatellite.com/price-and-services/

Not connected with them - they've been around a long time and have a good reputation

JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Totally up to yourself but if the dish is still on the wall and pointing in more or less the correct direction, this isn't difficult to do yourself. You'll need a satellite finder (like this one), access to the dish and a spanner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Totally up to yourself but if the dish is still on the wall and pointing in more or less the correct direction, this isn't difficult to do yourself. You'll need a satellite finder (like this one), access to the dish and a spanner.

How did you get on with this OP?

What about these apps for locating satellites you can download, would they be as reliable as the item you have linked?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Highly recommend Rippy who actively speaks on here....

http://www.signalsolutions.tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Beaufort Boy

I just had a great experience with Signal Solutions. Rang the number, he was here within the hour, fixed my problem quickly for 60 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I just had a great experience with Signal Solutions. Rang the number, he was here within the hour, fixed my problem quickly for 60 quid.

Always good to hear good comments about a fellow installer :-) happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭gerry sat

One of our Members www.isaa.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement