Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need a New Laptop (Advice NEEDED)

• 22-08-2014 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi

I have been wracking my brains for the last few months about what laptop to buy.
    I am starting a Web Development and Creative Media course in September so I would like one that will suit all my needs.

I will be doing coding, editing material (Photoshop etc) HTML and stuff similar to that throughout the course. I would also be using the laptop for Facebook and surfing the web (lots of typing) and finally something that is good for watching movies or TV shows online. (Netflix and RTE player etc)

I am looking for a laptop that has either an i5 or i7 processor and at least 8GB of RAM.

I have heard that Apple, Lenovo and Asus are the best brands.
    Not too sure about Dell, HP, Acer or Toshiba.
    So any opinions on brands would be helpful too.

I was initially thinking of an Apple Macbook but I think they are too expensive.
    I have heard that the Apple's have good re-sale value where other brands don't and Apple laptops have the best batteries.

Price range would be up to €1000

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is an incredible laptop for the price. It only has 4Gb of ram, but that can easily be upgraded. Proper i7 Processor (not a ULV), 1TB Hard Drive, AMD 8750 2GB dedicated graphics.

It comes without an OS but that can be gotten cheap on Reddit Software Swap (about €15 for Win)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭The Friendly Newcomer

Does anyone have any opinions on the Lenovo Z50-70?

Advertisement