Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Standing desk (or any other forced posture improver)

• 20-01-2014 7:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭

I need to do something about my posture when I'm at the laptop. I've a pretty small abode and can't really fit a proper desk and chair anywhere. A standing desk was suggested and I think it could be a good idea, they apparently have a lot of good feedback and can really improve both work rate and posture.

I'm thinking something compact that can be folded in against the wall when not in use and that will be sturdy enough for the laptop to be supported on. Maybe I'd need a raised laptop stand and then space for a wireless keyboard underneath so I'm not constantly looking down at the screen and have it at eye level, while my hands can work away at a reasonable height?

Has anyone had experience with them? Any advice and suggestions of one from anyone who's done a bit of research into them and used them and found they help would be appreciated. I know starting off you should not go full into it, so spend 30 minutes standing, 30 minutes sitting, that it's good to switch around anyway and the more you stand, the more you'll get used to it.

Any feedback and links of which to get and where to buy would be great :)

Comments

Advertisement